Finally got to grill something.

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Will I be glad when winter is over. We have along with the rest of the nation had the lousiest weather this winter. Okay I’ll stop whining now. We finally had a short break and I was able to do a new recipe for chicken thighs with a mustard maple marinade.
I used the dog dish vortex with the Jumbo Joe with a chunk of maple for the smoke.
Barb tried out her new mandolin to make a cauliflower/ broccoli/ potato/ cheese dish.
Both came out excellent.

Also did a chicken with red potatoes and sweet potato in the indoor Weber which was really good.

Next up, forecast says next 7 days heavy rain, wind and snow. Three storms back to back, highs in the low 20s and lows in the single digits….. WHOOPEE!
DSCN5192_zpsbpyheep3.jpg

DSCN5199_zpsnflqxcw3.jpg

DSCN5204_zps9cli5bz3.jpg

DSCN5205_zps53ksrmdw.jpg

DSCN5210_zpsmgfcftkv.jpg

DSCN5216_zpslganjzqq.jpg

DSCN5223_zpshyi02qrs.jpg

DSCN5227_zpskxgfjpyj.jpg

DSCN5229_zpslcrxnygp.jpg

Indoor Weber Cook.

DSCN5170_zpsxze7aebo.jpg

Continued

Yum! Everything looks great! I'd like to have a plate of the cauliflower tater cheese dish!

Looks perfect. Sure hope Barb was using the handle/holder when slicing and not just her hand on the veggie. People have lost finger tips doing it the wrong way :(

Looks perfect. Sure hope Barb was using the handle/holder when slicing and not just her hand on the veggie. People have lost finger tips doing it the wrong way :(

The handle guard is mandatory when using that thing. If you look at the picture you can see the shield underneath her hand.

Both meals look terrific, you two make such a great team!

Sorry to hear about your forecast, we hit 50 today and had some sunshine for the first time in a long time.

i l♥ve scallop taters, but never get to eat any :(
cauliflower/ broccoli/ potato/ cheese dish.
i know, i know... call it what you like
still looks like scallop taters to me and i l♥v'em!
your bird thighs looks danggood too!

Glad you had a weather break! We are having one here too, it's wet but, not miserably cold. Did some quick chicken breasts on the gasser the other night and a nice skirt steak last night on the kettle! I think I need a Vortex, my dog bowl was a flop, IMHO.
I have had a mandoline in my "extra equipment" kit, I've not used it yet! It's the only piece of equipment that scares me a little! I think I need a steel glove!

Glad you had a weather break! We are having one here too, it's wet but, not miserably cold. Did some quick chicken breasts on the gasser the other night and a nice skirt steak last night on the kettle! I think I need a Vortex, my dog bowl was a flop, IMHO.
I have had a mandoline in my "extra equipment" kit, I've not used it yet! It's the only piece of equipment that scares me a little! I think I need a steel glove!

Tim try this one which would be perfect for your 18.5 kettle, it's the one I have. It's at Walmart and there is a picture of the UPC so you can make sure to get the right one, under $3.00 and works just as well as my $40.00 one.
Will it last as long as the other one, I don't know but I've used it at least 15 times and it's holding up fine.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?67183-Homemade-Mini-Vortex-for-the-Jumbo-Joe&highlight=Vortex

Back