Yet Another Hung Tri Tip

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
An EZ cook with the 14.5. Almost have these down to a science.

32337601206_20f57abd26_b.jpg

31565815633_f2eeb4fb9c_b.jpg

31999429980_0ba14531b9_b.jpg

Plate with some home made chimichurri - the newest taste sensation around here. The stuff is killer!

31534010454_e314f99b17_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Robert. Beautiful TT. My wife is from Peru which isn't far from Argentina and her mom makes some killer Chimichuri. Looks like I'm going to have to hit her up for some.

This is the recipe I use for chimichurri:

50/50 mix 1 bunch cilantro & 1 bunch parsley, chopped
8 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes

In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and mix well, but do not puree.
Let sit for at least 4 hours before serving or overnight.

I usually make a half batch.

Last edited:
Robert, that is a excellent cook TT is done just right. Thanks for the chimichurri recipe.

8 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes

In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and mix well, but do not puree.

Thank you for this. Beautiful TT Robert.

Looks great! But if I can make a suggestion... try cutting across the grain. You will be amazed.

Sorry, honestly not trying to be rude, you are cooking it perfectly, but are cutting it wrong. Cut across the grain.

Last edited:
Looks great! But if I can make a suggestion... try cutting across the grain. You will be amazed.

Sorry, honestly not trying to be rude, you are cooking it perfectly, but are cutting it wrong. Cut across the grain.

Yeah... the cuts are off by 45* or so. **** happens. :p

Last edited:

8 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Thanks. I'll give this a go on Sunday.

Great looking meal. If you don't mind what did you season the Tri Tip with. Also, thanks for the chimichuri recipe. I am definitely going to give it a try.

Great looking meal. If you don't mind what did you season the Tri Tip with. Also, thanks for the chimichuri recipe. I am definitely going to give it a try.

Thank you.

I slathered it with Yucatan Sunshine hot sauce, gave it good coating of Oakridge BBQ's Santa Maria & Carne Crosta. The Carne Crosta is made for high heat searing, so if you aren't going to sear the roast - don't use it.

Back