Photobucket is becoming unusable?

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Am having lots of problems with Photobucket these days: it has slowed to a crawl & lots of times will not load the library, an album or contents of an album.
If it finally loads the contents of an album, it will not maximize a photo so I can't link an image.

Is this just me? Is this because I'm "free"?

What is a good alternative to Photobucket? Preferably at no or very low cost.

TIA

Robert, one of the reasons I haven't posted cooks on here in the last few months is my problems with Photobucket! The app on my phone won't upload pics to their website and my emails have gone unanswered.
I did download the Flickr app, and it will at least let me upload the pics to their site. I just have to remember to bring my phone with me while doing my fewer and fewer cooks! Work s#$@&s!

It's working for me but I only post cooks using my PC. There was a week or 2 where my phone app didn't work for uploading. I think I used Flickr for a little while it's a little harder to post links. You might try thay.

I don't have a phone because I'm hearing impaired - just use a pc.
Will give Flickr a try.

Robert, one of the reasons I haven't posted cooks on here in the last few months is my problems with Photobucket! The app on my phone won't upload pics to their website and my emails have gone unanswered.
I did download the Flickr app, and it will at least let me upload the pics to their site. I just have to remember to bring my phone with me while doing my fewer and fewer cooks! Work s#$@&s!

That's why I rarely post photos anymore as well. Photobucket doesn't play well with others.

,I gave up trying to load pics as well. It became far to frustrating. It's probably just the fact that I am by no means tech savvy, but I could never seem to get the pics from my phone to load on photobucket.
Tim

I've also all but given up. Last couple times I've tried to post, I've been unable to. Links won't copy and paste properly. Site is slow, too many ads, and lately far too many emails trying to sell me stuff. I realize they need to monetized their site to stay in business, but they aren't doing too good a job. But I've also tried with Amazon Prime Photo and Google Photo and haven't had any more success - they seem to want you share by using a link that forces you to go to their site to see the pic. I'm using a Mac, BTW.

Picasa, even though retired by Google, is still available for download.
It's on my old laptop, and I downloaded it to the one I bought a few months ago.

My procedure:
Load pics from my camera's SD card to Picasa on the hard drive, tweak them there or upload to Google Photos for tweaking if needed.
I still like Picasa for post work, but Google Photos cloud now has some nifty post processing features.

Cloud storage on GP is free, but here's the rub, at least for me.
I have an android phone, it's set to upload any pictures I take automatically to Google Photos, and that works great.
But when I post them on forums they only show up for some, and then only for a short time.
The only solution I've found is to download them, one at a time, to Picasa, then back up to Google Photos.
They will stay up in emails or on Facebook without this problem.

I had the same problems with the "free" Photobucket,. I took a chance and went with the ad free version and increased my capacity as my free account was full. When it downloaded to the add free account all my picture were just 5% of the new capacity.
They have had some system problems recently, but the last few weeks have been perfect when I used it. Without having to wait for the ads to load what used to take me a frustrating 30 minuets to load 9-10 pictures now takes less than 5 minute's.
To clarify I use a desktop computer only, so I can't say anything about a smart phone as my cell phone is a dumb if not stupid flip phone so no apps.

My recent bread upload took an hour to load 7 pics. At least I can stay logged in now. Tried imgur in an earlier post here but I found that although I can upload pics and post here, imgur won't let me delete any pics via my tablet (have to use the desktop to access their site to delete pics). That is soooo wrong. So I'm back to PB.

I just tried Flickr. Wow!!! It's fast.

Took a bit to figure out the interface. The only thing I don't like is that it adds a bunch of text when inserting an image.
I have to manually edit the link to git rid of that stuff. I'm sure once I get used to it, that part will go quickly.

Robert, I just right click on the image and "copy image address" and paste that in the Insert Image.

31350167090_2934b20150_h.jpg

Like this..

Tim

Yes, Photobucket has been almost completely unusable in recent days/weeks. I'm keeping old photos there, but moving forward I'm posting photos using Imgur. Working great so far:

AdqNNBr.jpg

x1C28nz.jpg

hdhdWOy.jpg

Yes, Photobucket has been almost completely unusable in recent days/weeks. I'm keeping old photos there, but moving forward I'm posting photos using Imgur. Working great so far:
Chris,
Are you using Imgur for cell phone photos only?
I'm wondering how well it works for uploading camera photos.

Glad it worked for ya Jim, cause that's a tip that was shared on the forum awhile back.:)

Tim

Back