FS: Midsection from 14.5" WSM 30$

Luke H

I'm selling a used 14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain mid-section with various hardware. I acquired it for my own mini WSM project, however I never got around to completing it. Anyway, I have way too much gear, too much going on, and I need to make some room for storage.

The WSM mid-section fits the bottom portion of a Smokey Joe grill; Weber essentially uses the same bowl on both the Smokey Joe and the WSM. However, the lid of a smokey joe is the same diameter on the top. You would need to make some modification to make it fit. See the last two photos.

Includes:
14.5" Middle Section of WSM
Lower cooking grate
Upper grate from Smokey Joe
Access door (No knob included)
Silicone grommet
Grill straps w/ fasteners

I'm looking to get 30$ plus actual shipping costs and paypal fees. Message me with a zip code for an estimate. I've already boxed it up, and it is ready to ship. I will mail within 24 hours using UPS with tracking and insurance. Check out my eBay feedback here.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.

Last edited:
Would this mate with a 14" Smokey Joe to make a mini smoker?

The bottom of a Smokey Joe mates perfectly. The lid would not mate perfectly and would need a modication. Another option would be to use two bottom bowls from smokey joes. This is essentially what a 14.5 WSM is. I'll try to dig up some photos when I get home to explain it better.

Hope this helps.

Luke, what modification is needed? I just got a Smokey Joe gold at closeout pricing from a place here and don't have a smoker. I have a relative in Simpsonville who I might persuade to pick it up, don't know yet about her availability for the cruise over.

The bottom of a Smokey Joe mates perfectly. The lid would not mate perfectly and would need a modication. Another option would be to use two bottom bowls from smokey joes. This is essentially what a 14.5 WSM is. I'll try to dig up some photos when I get home to explain it better.

Hope this helps.

This is what I did with my 18.5 mid section I had, it fit perfectly on my 18.5 gold kettle. It was a slightly damaged mid section I had, now I use it with the kettle so I can use without storing two complete cookers.

Luke are you asking $30 for everything that is pictured?

Everything that is included is listed below:

14.5" Middle Section of WSM
Lower cooking grate
Upper grate from a Smokey Joe
Access door (No knob included)
Silicone grommet
Grill straps w/ fasteners

I am not including the Smokey Joe grill; it's for reference only. Thanks

Back