Problem whith Voltage/Pulse

[Resolved]Problem whith Voltage/Pulse

Hi i have a heatermeter 4.2.4 whith raspberry p1 and rotodamper! After 2 weeks i set my blower but i have a problem!this is my yesterday configuration:

Output ---Voltage
On above --90
Min---10
Max---40
Startup---100

When i set VOLTAGE the blower start at 100% every time !!!! but i set min 10%, 40%max and 100% startup.
when it arrive to 90% the blower shut down but not decrese rpm!
Why???
Now i set this parameter! Is good parameter??
I have a kettle 57 cm
Thanks
5vi8w.png

Last edited:
Does the blower ramp up properly in Pulse mode but not in Voltage mode? If so, that points to an issue in the blower feedback circuit. If that is the case I would look closely at r14 and L1, and everything shown as being in the feedback circuit on the diagram pictured below.
HM_Blower_Notes.jpg

BTW "On above 90%" means the blower should be off until the HM output is 90%, then it will ramp from Min to Max value while the HM output goes from 90-100%. As a result the the blower will ramp up quickly since it is going from min to max over just 10%.
The easiest way to start out is to set the blower on above 0%, Min=0%, Max=40% (or whatever is appropriate for your grill) and Startup Max=100%. Set your servo to fully open at 100%. This will have the blower and servo working together over the full range of the HM output, you will see things ramp up more gradually, this is by far the easiest way to get stability with the setup. After you get a good hold on the dynamics at play, then mess with the "on above" "fully open at" settings.

Last edited:
Glad you worked out the issue...
As for PID values, there is no "correct" setting, as the PID settings can be tuned to the grill. Those look to be the default values (or close to), which typically work pretty good.

Back