Inside Weber to the Rescue on a Cold Rainy Day.

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
It’s raining and real windy with the rain going sideways. What’s a guy to do?
Break out the indoor Weber and make up some beef ribs of course.
Had a 1 ½ pound package of beef short ribs getting old in the freezer.
I have a slow cooker recipe called “Crock Pot Maple Country Ribs” that I’ve done before and it’s really good.
Barb was going to finish putting away the Christmas decorations and I had an inside door to repair so this worked out great.

The players
DSCN5137_zpssuqnsuti.jpg

DSCN5140_zps0cpe7hin.jpg

Everybody into the pool
DSCN5141_zpsjccmczpl.jpg

Done
DSCN5144_zpsxr56gp7x.jpg

Shredded the beef and made some brown rice to put it on and Barb made some tangy coleslaw.
Nice simple rainy day dinner.

DSCN5148_zps07scpkpz.jpg

DSCN5150_zpsxgccybkh.jpg

Yesterday we got a break from the wind and rain so I dragged the JJ over to the covered patio and grilled up a couple of bone in strip steaks. Had a baker to go with it, sorry no plated pictures. But you all know what a steak and a tater look like.
DSCN5154_zpspcmms7fg.jpg

Seasoned with SPOG
DSCN5157_zpsody5wfnf.jpg

JJ gets the call
DSCN5162_zpsnwfemmmq.jpg

[
Getting a nice sear
DSCN5164_zpspf4jmku8.jpg

Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
I have a slow cooker recipe called “Crock Pot Maple Country Ribs” that I’ve done before and it’s really good. {snip}I dragged the JJ over to the covered patio and grilled up a couple of bone in strip steaks. Had a baker to go with it
The crock pot maple country ribs look amazing, there's another "must do" coming out of Rich & Barb's place. Excellent cook on the strip steaks. You & Barb have a great weekend too

Haha... you got some some of our rain. Must say that you were prepared!
Love the indoor Weber & what you do with it. Strip steaks ... Yum!

Terrific cooks you two!
I have some short ribs in the freezer, might have to indoor Weber them like you did.
Trade you your cold and rainy for this:

hOiRH_5xk0g0Ne_6Fq69e2JGDGWi26-7FKI0HA4vUw3Gj1p_KVlY_yWF-ePeRYTctZ3_pybFGqHZ-Sd6xJw6m-k--4JMS3vVNm6OGAynM-kyJ5BBgRTqVQD1iSuscCmVga-RyPl73MX9rkni71oE7BsUGt2U3aTHB1W3WRVyzIyJPxSpay49aFJ5VJfbBqv_Q3e3AAl9RRSdvPKhuz7eiLSsIuJikgRUmRjCRFATOLkP0J6z-DA8f3CVkl8TTKUZZgdBIiC-txyKXDgHZlbGsn5w18n7TRt4UN9A1Js0hXfSBCHEu-4_fvdj5tjTt8wOi0JXHGswKekUvVBcteAjqDdWkGqx0XnKojTTB1WxmQxFyQmPcZRlObd7ZqK6ejJpiVSbRbmC9YUwyZSzy0bCNg39ZsZ6fG6qXGWqLf-hXcyYVkS7ev18uY2VYXirzHPIaVbi6IHpFWCLtIHr9QbznaGBx2HRM_4kBQlphhThKrzatCvNeAk-LSBj8ULR0I5dLaSiqWu1v1_y17-VW6frkuD-CTLzWeKCOLOTJ7qJhhl99RrwIeeQkkvvd6RFNdPG5Io3BH9_7HXdZAHHHsFVgv2FyQPCUNSLp2LDfRVcLGKfax8ZnaTRGw=w1008-h672-no

Grate looking cooks you two!
Where can I get one of those indoor Weber's?

Tony, this is what happens when you're retired and bored. You take apart a crock pot paint the body red (because I don't have a red Weber) paint the handles black, attach a Weber cast label on it and call it your indoor Weber:p
DSCN5190_zpspmw3i1ja.jpg

Terrific cooks you two!
I have some short ribs in the freezer, might have to indoor Weber them like you did.
Trade you your cold and rainy for this:

hOiRH_5xk0g0Ne_6Fq69e2JGDGWi26-7FKI0HA4vUw3Gj1p_KVlY_yWF-ePeRYTctZ3_pybFGqHZ-Sd6xJw6m-k--4JMS3vVNm6OGAynM-kyJ5BBgRTqVQD1iSuscCmVga-RyPl73MX9rkni71oE7BsUGt2U3aTHB1W3WRVyzIyJPxSpay49aFJ5VJfbBqv_Q3e3AAl9RRSdvPKhuz7eiLSsIuJikgRUmRjCRFATOLkP0J6z-DA8f3CVkl8TTKUZZgdBIiC-txyKXDgHZlbGsn5w18n7TRt4UN9A1Js0hXfSBCHEu-4_fvdj5tjTt8wOi0JXHGswKekUvVBcteAjqDdWkGqx0XnKojTTB1WxmQxFyQmPcZRlObd7ZqK6ejJpiVSbRbmC9YUwyZSzy0bCNg39ZsZ6fG6qXGWqLf-hXcyYVkS7ev18uY2VYXirzHPIaVbi6IHpFWCLtIHr9QbznaGBx2HRM_4kBQlphhThKrzatCvNeAk-LSBj8ULR0I5dLaSiqWu1v1_y17-VW6frkuD-CTLzWeKCOLOTJ7qJhhl99RrwIeeQkkvvd6RFNdPG5Io3BH9_7HXdZAHHHsFVgv2FyQPCUNSLp2LDfRVcLGKfax8ZnaTRGw=w1008-h672-no

Think I'll pass on the trade Bob, that just looks nasty and dangerous too!

Here's the recipe if you're interested, it works with CSRs or beef short ribs.

Crock Pot Maple Country Ribs

• Makes four servings.
• 3 lbs country-style pork ribs or beef short ribs
• 1 cup maple syrup
• 1⁄2 cup applesauce
• 1⁄4 cup ketchup
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
• 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
• 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
Mix everything in your crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Serve over rice.

Tony, this is what happens when you're retired and bored. You take apart a crock pot paint the body red (because I don't have a red Weber) paint the handles black, attach a Weber cast label on it and call it your indoor Weber:p
Grrr! You pesky Dahl's. You got me there!! :)

Everybody should have an indoor Weber for those rainy daze, thanks for the recipe.

Back