Camp Cooking

Anne M.

TVWBB Pro
and some pictures of animals to keep things interesting (not many as only 10 pics are allowed)

A bit more than a month ago I had a friend over and we decided to go camping for a bit.
We decided to go to a place near Kafue National Park in Zambia.
Here are some of the pictures of the different cooks.
Not all on weber braais, but at least some of them are (well, actually only one......)

tea
02%20tea_zps0fbsmbgc.jpg

breakfast
04%20breakfast_zps71umsceg.jpg

jaffles
08%20jaffles_zpsz0uz2tlv.jpg

sable
09%20sable_zpspvldqtui.jpg

pork chops
12%20fire%20and%20chops_zpswanh4c3l.jpg

14%20almost%20done%20chops_zpsabpjw6hi.jpg

kebabs
17satay_zps7ho6gxeq.jpg

roan
18%20roan_zpsjr7fqwph.jpg

pussy cat
19%20lion_zpsimqovjxr.jpg

beef short ribs
21%20beef%20ribs_zpsvyewcfs3.jpg

We had a good time and plenty to eat

Would love to go out with you all next time. Looks beautiful and South Africa is one of the few places in the world I have not been.

Wonderful locale and good lookin' eats. Hopefully your "guests" didn't try to partake in the feast ;)

I want to go camping with you, you eat very well and the scenery/wildlife is pretty awesome too!!!

I remember when you joined, I said I can't wait for you to post photos. Thank you Anne, your photos are amazing, keep them coming. But I don't suggest getting any lap photos with the pussy cat

Anne, those pics are awesome and the food WOW!!! That is some awesome camping and the animals pics are out of sight. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks all, and if you are in the neighbourhood, I am happy to take you out:cool:
And Bill, we are quite a bit north of South Africa, but we have a lot of South Africans coming here for holiday or work.
It really is a beautiful part of the world.

OK, couple more that didn't fit in my first post:

07%20tent_zpswd4ljjgc.jpg

hartebeest
10%20hartebeest_zps4ns5ox2r.jpg

puku
11%20puku_zpsg2y5lecv.jpg

food
13%20turning%20chops_zps1uqmwkse.jpg

sunset
15%20sunset_zpsmstqkzqx.jpg

my neighbours
22%20babboons_zps915wjrev.jpg

Wow Anne. Beautiful cooks and pic's.

I live in a concrete jungle compared too you.

Wonderful photo safari! I would simply love to visit! My wife is ready to get away from the cold that Michigan is offering this winter too!

Wow Anne - just wow. Camp cooking is a particular love of mine and you really have it nailed down with all of those different techniques. Beautiful scenery and wildlife too!

Regards,

John

Brilliant!
I bet those pussy cats can smell that cooking from miles away. :eek:
And those simians wouldn't be adverse to a bit of pilfering either.

Back