Weber 20 Pound(S) Charcoal Briquettes

BruceS

TVWBB Member
Has anyone tried Weber 20 Ibs Bag Charcoal Briquettes yet? They state on the bag that they are all natural hardwood. I see that Lowe's is selling a bag for $19.99.

Last edited:
Cheap? No.
Interesting? Yes.
Presently available at my local Lowes? No.
Same as sold across the big pond? No idea.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-20-Pound-S-Charcoal-Briquettes/1000156169

edit, showing up on the True Value site too.

http://www.truevalue.com/product/Premium-Charcoal-Hardwood-Briquettes-20-Lbs/80249.uts
077924052552.jpg

Last edited:
The resealable bag is an interesting concept. Makes me wonder if it is more of a plastic type bag rather than the paper bags of every other charcoal manufacturer.

The resealable bag is an interesting concept. Makes me wonder if it is more of a plastic type bag rather than the paper bags of every other charcoal manufacturer.
According to the description from True Value the bag is plastic.
They look like Stubbs, maybe re-branded?

These briquettes are made from all-natural ingredients (90% hardwood and 10% natural starch). Each piece is identical in size and is a large, pillow design; which makes for easier lighting. Works great for all grilling purposes as they burn longer and maintain a consistent temperature. The bag is 100% recyclable and made from a polyethylene plastic material that provides a water/moisture barrier. Don't worry about not using the whole bag at once as the integrated plastic zip allows for easy resealing. Bag and briquettes are manufactured in the US.

• 20 pound reseable bag
  • Made in US
  • All-natural ingredients
  • Easy to light
  • Burns long and consistent heat

Geez, I just got used to Stubbs for my upgraded charcoal for special cooks. KBB is still my normal charcoal for my cooks. Now this at a buck a pound it would have to be amazingly good for me to buy it.
I'll wait to see what others say about it.

Last edited:
We got grooves on our Weber Euro-Briqs......groovy!
And they give us a handle on our bags!

Last edited:

Back