Rotisserie Ham

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Got a good deal on a ham. It sat in the fridge taking up space since before Christmas.
Was time to do something with it. Rotisserie seemed like a good idea, since I've never done that with a ham.

PICT3886_zpsifowauzn.jpg

Ready to go!

PICT3892_zpsoz5a4d4x.jpg

Into the 18.5 for a spin at 300* over a full ring of used/new KBB and 4 chunks of hickory.

PICT3895_zps5lnj4at1.jpg

Gave it a maple syrup/brown sugar/Dijon mustard glaze every 15 minutes starting at the 2 1/2 hour mark.
The internal temp hit 130* after 3 1/4 hours. Called it good - time to pull.

PICT3902_zpstyokj6p5.jpg

Some Russets that were put on the lower rack 1 1/2 hours into the cook.

PICT3907_zpszl6piot0.jpg

Let this bad boy rest for 15 minutes loosely tented under foil.

PICT3909_zpsvjxmr0ok.jpg

It was Time To Eat!

PICT3915_zpsuzbqo6vv.jpg

Since there is only the wife & I, we have a ton of leftovers. There's going to be ham sandwiches, ham & scalloped potatoes, soup.
& who knows what else?

Found this recipe on the Weber site.
Glaze = 1/2 cup Maple Syrup, 1/2 cup Brown Sugar & 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard. Mix it up.

Last edited:
That is a wonderful looking meal Robert. Beautiful shot of the ham resting. Can't tell for sure what you're cooking on. I was curious where you got that trivet that's under the roast. I've been looking for about a 12 inch CI trivet for my large camp dutch oven.

That is a wonderful looking meal Robert. Beautiful shot of the ham resting. Can't tell for sure what you're cooking on. I was curious where you got that trivet that's under the roast. I've been looking for about a 12 inch CI trivet for my large camp dutch oven.

Thank you. Sorry... cooked on the 18.5 WSM with home made rotisserie ring.

The "trivet" is a home made diffuser with lots of holes in it - something I'm experimenting with.
In theory - it should allow high temps, somewhat shield the meat & let dripping hit the coals for some added flavor.
I've only used it a few times. It seems to work. Time will tell.

Got a good deal on a ham
Yeah you did! I am not a fan of ham, however that ham looks amazing. Besides the plated picture, I can see some serious good ham sandwiches coming out of your place. Nicely done Robert, nicely done!

Man Robert you sure did take that one over the top. Everything is perfect and that plated pics tells the store for sure. Left over ham is always so good. You just have to get it into the freezer before you eat it all.

Looks delicious!!

We are also 2 so I had a lot of leftovers so here is what I do

Ham freezes well so Cube it and portion it out into zip locks and freeze.

Quiches which I freeze (I use store bought crust when I make more than 2) those have eggs, ham, spinach, and Swiss cheese.
Split pea soup (also freezes well)
Ham egg and cheese sandwiches on English muffins (can also be frozen)

Pasta primavera with small cubes of ham
Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.

Hope this helps. Enjoy

Back