I can't take it anymore!!!

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
The snow that is! All we've been doing is shoveling snow for more than a month! If you stacked it all up, and it didn't melt or blow away we've had 54" at my house. We haven't been above freezing in more than a month.

I need to smoke something! We were having friends over to play games so I fired up the 14.5". It was 14° when I fired up the smoker. The WSM of course had no issues it just rolled right along.

We were only doing appetizers so I whipped up a batch of injected hot wings (50/50 beer and Franks injection). Also did 2 dozen ABT's.

It snowed 8" from the time I lit the smoker and the time I shut it down.

31368257414_f39bfeb2c0_c.jpg

31368276814_b2515452d5_c.jpg

32091004201_f9d62c6e9e_c.jpg

32171490766_676a25f54f_c.jpg

32209750045_54eda344d2_c.jpg

32060790012_80479154e0_c.jpg

32171500186_362646020d_c.jpg

31399252463_cbe5b27c10_c.jpg

Sorry about the crappy ABT photo! They went so quick I didn't get a good final shot!

Due to my meds I can't take the cold, once I get cold I can't warm up. What you have there would keep me house bound until spring. That has to be miserable to deal with. Hats off to you for getting out there and doing your thing, it all looks great.

BRRRR. It got real cold down here in Texas last week, but it will be back up to 80 by Wednesday.

Food looks great. I love how you did the bacon on those ABT's without using any toothpicks. That probably saved you a lot of time. Nice cold weather cook.

I love snow... on a post card. My son just got back from a ski trip to Mt. Bacheior. Seriously, we love Oregon and vacation there two or three times a year. I'd have a tough time dealing with those conditions though. I feel your pain... from afar. Great looking Game Day food!

I feel your misery! I fired my gasser (thanks to Rich's kind encouragement) and my kettle Saturday, 13 degrees, wind chill was roughly -8! Strangely little snow though, 19" predicted got maybe 3, I'm not complaining!
If I had not had my patio heater fired up my brother in law,would have frozen with his cigarette in his hand!
I must say, cold weather grilling has always been fun for me. The looks I used to get from my neighbor when I was doing a Christmas turkey was....PRICELESS!!!

Due to my meds I can't take the cold, once I get cold I can't warm up. What you have there would keep me house bound until spring. That has to be miserable to deal with. Hats off to you for getting out there and doing your thing, it all looks great.

Thank you Rich! If this doesn't end soon we'll be hopping a bird and be heading south!

It has warmed up a bit, 32° and snowing again.

BRRRR. It got real cold down here in Texas last week, but it will be back up to 80 by Wednesday.

Food looks great. I love how you did the bacon on those ABT's without using any toothpicks. That probably saved you a lot of time. Nice cold weather cook.

Thank you!

Yeah I started doing that when I half the peppers. I can use a half or if I really want to skimp a stretched third of a slice per ABT. When I do whole peppers I still use a whole piece that I stretch thin. The way I wrap it requires no toothpicks. When doing large groups I always half the peppers, which is more work than whole. I have this great tool that deseeds and deveins the pepper. Only problem it you have to loose the top which doesn't work with halves. If you cut the end off you loose all you fillings.

- - - Updated - - -

I love snow... on a post card. My son just got back from a ski trip to Mt. Bacheior. Seriously, we love Oregon and vacation there two or three times a year. I'd have a tough time dealing with those conditions though. I feel your pain... from afar. Great looking Game Day food!

Thank you Cliff! Your son should've brought some snow home with him, we have plenty to share!

I feel your misery! I fired my gasser (thanks to Rich's kind encouragement) and my kettle Saturday, 13 degrees, wind chill was roughly -8! Strangely little snow though, 19" predicted got maybe 3, I'm not complaining!
If I had not had my patio heater fired up my brother in law,would have frozen with his cigarette in his hand!
I must say, cold weather grilling has always been fun for me. The looks I used to get from my neighbor when I was doing a Christmas turkey was....PRICELESS!!!

Yeah this year we've been the opposite of the forecast. We keep getting 3-4 times what has been predicted! We're supposed to get another 18" by Thursday, hope that doesn't quadruple!

Yeah this year we've been the opposite of the forecast. We keep getting 3-4 times what has been predicted! We're supposed to get another 18" by Thursday, hope that doesn't quadruple!

I feel your pain, bud! We haven't had the SNOW, but the COLD of late....
Needed a healthy dose of "Smoke-Therapy" - so took a shot at some 3-2-1 Spares that I had frozen about a month ago, with a few tweaks.
The WSM was a bit hard to get up-to-temp at first - but then the heat came-on a bit too fast towards the end (but results were STILL pretty darned good)

Ever think that maybe we should have been Weather-Men?
What other job can you be SO WRONG, SO OFTEN, and still keep your job?
So far this year - when they call for the big "Snow Warning" / Batten the Hatches - it's "whiffed"
When they call for a "light dusting" is when you REALLY have to watch-out!

I feel your pain, bud! We haven't had the SNOW, but the COLD of late....
Needed a healthy dose of "Smoke-Therapy" - so took a shot at some 3-2-1 Spares that I had frozen about a month ago, with a few tweaks.
The WSM was a bit hard to get up-to-temp at first - but then the heat came-on a bit too fast towards the end (but results were STILL pretty darned good)

Ever think that maybe we should have been Weather-Men?
What other job can you be SO WRONG, SO OFTEN, and still keep your job?
So far this year - when they call for the big "Snow Warning" / Batten the Hatches - it's "whiffed"
When they call for a "light dusting" is when you REALLY have to watch-out!

The only job you can be 50% right half the time and still get paid!

Case, my hat is off to you for getting out there and cooking. It all looks delicious but to much snow.

Case, good on ya to get out there and get er done! We're having a ****ty winter here in Alberta too. Not quite as much snow but constant micro snow and over 30 -30°F days. I've been cooking on my square indoor electric WSM :)

Back