Second time smoking - Pork spare ribs 18.5 wsm

Daniel L

Hey guys. So after I posted my first smoking experience, and after all the positive comments, I decided I was gonna make another brisket for dinner today, even though I said only for special occasions. I wanted to start a little earlier than last time so I started at 5 but when I went to open the bag, it smelled really bad so I just went back to sleep and when I woke up, went to Costco to return the brisket. I left with pork spare ribs.

This was my second time smoking and first time doing pork ribs
Smoked at 275f with pecan and hickory.
I used the same rub as shown in one of Franklins videos on YouTube. 2:1 Pepper & salt, paprika, gran. garlic, gran. onion, and chili powder.

2 hours in. Sauced up with a mixture of 1/2 BBQ sauce and 1/2 water. I then let the sauce set for 15-20 min, then poured some of the BBQ/water mixture onto some heavy duty aluminum foil, wrap the ribs and let it go for another 2 hours, or until tender.

After 30 min rest

Great bite and very tender and moist

Makes me want some ribs for dinner today! Very nice job, and I would wager that you've spent some time with a camera before, too....nice pics!

R

Damn Daniel! Great job on those first two smokes, hope this rain goes away so I can get out there and cook.

Damn Daniel! Great job on those first two smokes, hope this rain goes away so I can get out there and cook.

I hear you man. Both times I've smoked, it rained.... what kind of luck is that. Lol. Luckily I had just bought a gazebo for my backyard so it was ok. :)

Money Shot!

D95367D2-A69D-4F4D-9325-A2B9D26A27B4_zpse5ksnini.jpg

Thanks everyone for the positive comments :)

For my next smoke, I will be doing beef plate ribs (namp 123a/ imps123a). Hopefully over the weekend if I can find a good butcher shop around here that does charge me an arm and a leg for this cut. :)

Back