Hello from Southern California

Hey all, just wanted to say hello. Been lurking for some time trying to soak up the collective knowledge gathered in this incredible site.

After eating an amazing smoked turkey that a cousin prepared for Thanksgiving 2016, I opted to get a smoker and following some research I went with the :wsm22:. I actually meant to order the medium WSM but mistakenly clicked on the 22.5", so I've got a sweet, large machine and just need to start driving it :wsm:. Just bought some SLC ribs to cook this weekend and hope to end up with some amazing food using the tips I've gathered from this BB. Thanks to all who contribute to the site and I look forward to continuing to learn and share experiences with the community.

Be safe and happy cooking!
Brian

Welcome to the forum Brian. This is a great place to learn and to share. Congrats on that new WSM.

Welcome Brian... What part of OC are you from? I reside in Anaheim and I too am new to smoking... But with the amount of knowledge from this forum, you will be a pro in no time. I have 2 successful cooks with my WSM and it gets easier each time.

Welcome to the forums

Welcome Brian, as Long asked what part of OC? Rich and I lived in Lake Forest for 20 some years before moving to Prescott Ariz. in 2002. Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to some cooks.

Back