Do more "Pay It Forward" in 2017

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
It's January 4 and I've already had an opportunity to "pay it forward" to someone that needed a WSM part. I really like the concept of "pay it forward" and I hope you do, too. If it's not too late, I want to encourage you to add, "Do more 'pay it forward'." as a resolution in 2017.

Best,
Chris

She got it right, way back then, didn't she, Chris?
An idea my mom decided to use and "stick it to us" many years ago...

And when you WANT to think about it, maybe Love is more POWERFUL than hate.

We've done that at coffee shops before. Someone ahead had paid an extra sum to pay for the next person's coffee, and it kinda snowballed. We wound up paying for the 10th person behind us' coffee!
But I try to do that as much as I can. Not just coffee and advice. If I've got something that I know someone needs, and I'm not using said object, or am looking for a reason to upgrade ;), I've been know to give stuff away to a good or needy home!

It's January 4 and I've already had an opportunity to "pay it forward" to someone that needed a WSM part. I really like the concept of "pay it forward" and I hope you do, too. If it's not too late, I want to encourage you to add, "Do more 'pay it forward'." as a resolution in 2017.

Best,
Chris

Totally agree!
In life that's how I would like to be remembered.

Tim

It can have benefits beyond the feel good feeling too.
Several years ago Jo and I were taking our son to Six Flags, on the way we stopped at Burger King for lunch.
We had some extra BK coupons, so I turned to the family in line behind us asking if they would like them.
They were very thankful, and said they were also heading to Six Flags.
Before we left the husband came up to me and offered us a Six Flags parking pass, entrance tickets, and even dinner tickets for his company's annual picnic.
They had an extra set and he was happy to put them to good use.

Gentle manners are becoming so rare these days!
I was repaired to hold doors for ladies and my elders, and to be courteous when the day broke, every day! Today I was at a local bakery when an older woman parked her Cadillac in the handicapped slot, and got out (with some difficulty) using her cane. I adjusted my stride to arrive at the door just in time to hold the door for her. She picked up her cake, some coffee cake and paper plates which I could see instantly she would have a tough time returning to her car so, I set my purchases aside and took them to her car for her, I suggested placing them on the floor!"So they won't have to fall there anyway" she laughed and as I stood up she said, "Young man you will have wings bursting through your shirt soon for all your help!" I just laughed and thanked her. It was an easy thing to do and I must try to do something of that nature daily! At 59 my days of being called "Young Man" are in serious jeopardy!
Happy Easter to all!

Gentle manners are becoming so rare these days!
I was repaired to hold doors for ladies and my elders, and to be courteous when the day broke, every day! Today I was at a local bakery when an older woman parked her Cadillac in the handicapped slot, and got out (with some difficulty) using her cane. I adjusted my stride to arrive at the door just in time to hold the door for her. She picked up her cake, some coffee cake and paper plates which I could see instantly she would have a tough time returning to her car so, I set my purchases aside and took them to her car for her, I suggested placing them on the floor!"So they won't have to fall there anyway" she laughed and as I stood up she said, "Young man you will have wings bursting through your shirt soon for all your help!" I just laughed and thanked her. It was an easy thing to do and I must try to do something of that nature daily! At 59 my days of being called "Young Man" are in serious jeopardy!
Happy Easter to all!
You are so right about manners Timothy. A few days ago while my wife and I were going into a store I held the door open for a young lady. She looked at me like I had lobsters coming out of my ears (I wish I did). I'm in the 59 gang also and that's just what Ive always done, taught my son to do the same, and will continue to do.

Back