Ordered Water Pan Cover and got box full of plastic bags.

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I ordered the water pan cover for 22.5 WSM on Amazon from Burnt End Paper. What I got was a box full of about 1000 or so plastic bags with Sprint logos on them and no water pan cover. Needless to say I'm returning that and left a nasty review on the site. The box was pretty poorly packaged with clear tape so I don't know if someone stole it or what. Anyone have any experience with these guys? I'd contact the company directly but I can't figure out how on amazon.

Looks like it's fulfilled by Amazon so they would be responsible for shipping you the product.

Weird thing was the label was from the company, not amazon. I shipped the box back. Amazon issued me a refund so far, but they may feel the same way I did when the get the box of bags back and take the refund back. I'm not sure if the bags were meant as packing material, but the whole thing seems bizarre. There was definitely no pan in there and I can see anyone professional packing a box that way. Maybe someone stole the package in transit and replaced it, but who the hell other people like us would want a wsm water pan cover, lol. I may take the review down if I actually get my refund, but I wanted the item. I guess it just wasn't meant to be, and the thing is really just a minor convenience upgrade.

Dustin,
I don't see this thing being more than just a pizza pan.
Do an Amazon search for 18" pizza pan and you should see one that's an add on item for 5 bucks.
It says it's 18 ga aluminum, like the pan you ordered.

Did you try re-ordering the covers? We all make mistakes, maybe yours was simply that. We all know of the terrible conditions the people at Amazon have to work in, someone may have just inadvertently put the wrong label on the box of bags.
Tim

I'm definitely not reordering. I'm not 100% sure this refund is going to stick. They've credited me the money but I'm not spending it until I'm sure. I'll probably spend the money on something better. The money was from a gift card and it was somewhat of an impulse buy, because several people on the forum like the thing. It probably is just a pizza pan.

Thanks Bob, for the info. You are probably right.

as long as you noted that the item delivered wasn't what was ordered as the reason for the return/refund, I 'd bet you're going to be fine.

Back