probe clip

Greg Lousteau

anyone come up with a better probe clip for the pit sensor? I'm using the aligator clip that came from Rocks for the first time with butts and I find it spins around on the round bars of the grill when I close the lid. I'm looking for ideas or suggestions to help with this.

Sometimes I use a roach clip. Just kidding of course, but Siriusly, sometimes I use the clip that came from my Maverick.

It's a stretch (literally) but you can get that clip to span across two bars, and then it definitely won't spin. That's assuming they still use the same clip I got with mine - if they've gone to a smaller clip it may not be possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greg Lousteau:
anyone come up with a better probe clip for the pit sensor? I'm using the aligator clip that came from Rocks for the first time with butts and I find it spins around on the round bars of the grill when I close the lid. I'm looking for ideas or suggestions to help with this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shove it through a hunk of potato. That way you can move it around pretty easy with out burning your fingers trying to squeeze them.

Back