Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Auto temp control for WSM

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall S View Post
    I would tend to agree, but with overnight cooks, piece of mind gives a good night's sleep. Then, you are able to enjoy the end product much more.
    +1 on this. I really only use my PartyQ for overnight or lengthy unsupervised cooks (e.g.: while camping so we can enjoy the outdoors rather than watch the smoker). I used Sanyo eneloops and if the temp is above freezing, get a solid 12 hours out of a fully charged set. In sub-freezing weather, 8-9 hours is about it, but I don't do much long-term outdoor cooking in that kind of weather
    22.5" WSM , Jumbo Joe , SS Performer , PartyQ and lots of

What brand do you use. I have the eneloop and they are short as well.
    WSM 14.5 Weber Genesis

TVWBB Pro
    Heatermeter all the way! It has so much more to offer than the "off the shelf" units. There are plenty of people on the Heatermeter forum that sell complete soldered ready to use units.

For me it is a CyberQ Wifi ... set it and forget it. I monitor it using either a browser or more usually 'The Pit Pal' on my iPhone.

TVWBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHill View Post
    Just be aware the DigiQ isn't battery powered only the PartyQ is
    Flame Boss also can be battery powered.

TVWBB Member
    I got the IQ 110 a couple months ago. I have only used it 3 times. While it holds the temps in the ball park,it isn't doing it as close as they say it will. For a lower end controller,it works. But I was hoping for a little closer tolerance. If I had it to do over,I would get something else. I am getting 25 degree or more temp swings. They claim it will hold within 5 degree of set point. Mine is not doing that.
    I bought another temp probe,and I am going to give it a try next time. I think I am going to do a pork butt next. So it will be a long good test.
    In their defense I have only contacted them once. The problem with temp controllers is you might not use them often enough to realize there really is a problem until the warranty is up.

TVWBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred BW View Post
    I got the IQ 110 a couple months ago. I have only used it 3 times. While it holds the temps in the ball park,it isn't doing it as close as they say it will. For a lower end controller,it works. But I was hoping for a little closer tolerance. If I had it to do over,I would get something else. I am getting 25 degree or more temp swings. They claim it will hold within 5 degree of set point. Mine is not doing that.
    I bought another temp probe,and I am going to give it a try next time. I think I am going to do a pork butt next. So it will be a long good test.
    In their defense I have only contacted them once. The problem with temp controllers is you might not use them often enough to realize there really is a problem until the warranty is up.
    I used my IQ110 yesterday with the new probe,and I think it's cured. It held temp all afternoon. Hopefully it will hang in there. Time will tell.

I'm all stock for now only using the Cajun bandit door with compression latch. I'm interested in possibly adding the drive cable to my Fireboard and venturing into the world of ATC
    22.5, 18.5 and 14.5, Smokey Joe Copper, Smokey Joe Platinum a.k.a Outrider

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123