Custom BBQ charcoal ring

Reminds me of 1,000 sharp knife blades and an accident waiting to happen...

Seems this person also lives just down the street from me... make that 0.6 mile (as the bird flys) or 0.8 mile (as the car drives :)) from me.

Last edited:
I've made them from expanded steel. You can buy it at the local big box store. Or you can order all sorts of fancy metal on-line and make your own.

That reminds me I need to give my local metal supplier a call.....

Since most cooking in the kettle is indirect, a half circle ring of the below would be pretty cool. No ash buildup, it would fall right to the bottom of the kettle. Hey Robert...fire up the fab shop

00T0T_4fwvoGEJfKK_600x450.jpg

Since most cooking in the kettle is indirect, a half circle ring of the below would be pretty cool. No ash buildup, it would fall right to the bottom of the kettle. Hey Robert...fire up the fab shop

00T0T_4fwvoGEJfKK_600x450.jpg

That listing has been on OC CL for quite a while. Pretty EZ to do it yourself. C=3.14xD/2 + D (for what Chuck suggests). Height is up to you. Get material at local metal supply. Cut material with a jigsaw. Use tie wire to join or screws/washers. Or pay $20.

$20 seems cheap enough but, Robert, is right it's a fairly easy build.
I'd make a pattern, I like having a pattern just in case I want to duplicate things like this but, this is really simple.

Back