Question about rib racks

Long Nguyen

TVWBB Member
Eventually, I know I will be doing larger cooks that will consist of many racks of ribs and other protein... So I will be looking for a good rib rack or 2.

I hear that some are good and some are not so good. Any recommendations on brands and links to Amazon would be greatly appreciated

I love the weber rack accessory for hanging ribs, however I hate the hooks it comes with. I bought the rib/meat hooks from PBC.com and now love the total set-up.

Cool, thanks for the suggestions. Too bad the Expandable Smoking Rack for the 22 is out of stock. I'll have to look into that. I will do more research on the racks you guys suggested. S

I plan on using a rib rack for the first time when I smoke several racks of ribs on Saturday. Does this affect the cook process at all compared to when I cook them flat on the grate? I plan on smoking 3-4 racks on the top grate and 2 on the bottom.

I used a rib rack for the first time last Saturday and it worked very well.
It is the black porcelain Charbroil rack, and I got it at Home Depot.
I smoked the ribs for for about 4 hours <250, I flipped the ribs three times so each end was down about the same amount of time, and then wrapped them in foil for the rest of the cook.
Threw the rib rack in a sink full of hot soapy water and let it sit for ~30 minutes and everything wiped right off without having to do any scrubbing.

Back