Why only 1/2 the flame ??

JackM

Greetings to all...
New member this month. Have a Weber Q1000 that I love but the other day it began to only emit about 1/2 the flame despite being on full. The ports don't appear to be clogged at all. The grill is only about 6 months old (Father's Day gift). Could the problem be the regulator ? Thanks for any help.
JackM

Hello Jack and welcome. Sorry to hear you are having a problem and I would start with the lowest denominator first to resolve your problem. Although your ports don't appear to be clogged at all, you can verify this by trying to light the unlit area manually. This will determine if there is some sort of clog or restriction or not. (Something might have dropped into the pipe). If this is the case, then you just have to clean out the burner pipe. Good luck and welcome again!

Welcome to the forum JackM. I am assuming that you have checked the level of the propane tank. And as William stated check for obstructions. If all else fails, contact Weber customer service and see what they say. I have no doubt that they will take care of you. I would guess that they will probably sent you a new regulator at no charge of course. Good luck and again, welcome to the forum.

Greetings to all...
New member this month. Have a Weber Q1000 that I love but the other day it began to only emit about 1/2 the flame despite being on full. The ports don't appear to be clogged at all. The grill is only about 6 months old (Father's Day gift). Could the problem be the regulator ? Thanks for any help.
JackM

In all likelihood, an air lock. You may have turned the gas on too fast.

So---->turn the tank off, open the controls to clear the lines. Close the controls. Then open the tank slo-o-o-o-wly. Then try to light normally.

All should be good now.

Thanks for the excellent feedback. I'll give those suggestions a try this week and let everyone know.

Apologies for the lack of reply. Busy holiday and did no grilling. I used the suggestion of cutting off gas and then back on slowly. This helped a LITTLE but there is still very little flame. I have to believe it's a faulty regulator.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies for the lack of reply. Busy holiday and did no grilling. I used the suggestion of cutting off gas and then back on slowly. This helped a LITTLE but there is still very little flame. I have to believe it's a faulty regulator.

- - - Updated - - -

Back