Cuisinart Blade Recall

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
If your chopper blade has 4 rivets it's eligible.

https://recall.cuisinart.com/

(pic courtesy of America's Test Kitchen)
Food_Processors-1977_Watermark.jpg

Thanks Clint, just tried to get through but, busy line, I sent them an email. Let's hope I get a new blade before I cut myself!
"You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

Thanks Clint, just tried to get through but, busy line, I sent them an email. Let's hope I get a new blade before I cut myself!
"You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

check that form out - it's super easy & fast...... type in your model #, confirm your blade has 4 rivets, enter name/address/email/phone & they give you a confirmation # & tell you it's on the way

I think they said this recall covers over 18,000,000 (million) products!!! The dates are something like 1997-2016!
Thanks for the post Clint.
Tim

Using the form was the best way! Some days I should just stay in bed and not try to overthink anything. I thought a phone call would be easy. Not as simple as the form! Thanks again Clint!

I filled out the form 2 or 3 days ago. I'll post when I receive my new blade. I can't imagine the mailing nightmare Cuisinart must be going through.

UPDATE: I filled out the form on Dec. 17, 2016
January 8, 2017: Nothing yet.

Last edited:
To keep you up to date, I received an email from Cuisinart today:

Email from Cuisinart 10.22.16:

December 22, 2016
Thank you so much for your ongoing patience. We want to keep you advised of the status of your free Cuisinart replacement blade. Our blades are fabricated using precise manufacturing processes, which of course means, that they take some time to produce. We are producing new blades as rapidly as possible to meet the demand resulting from this replacement program.

When your blade is about to be shipped, we will send you an email so you can anticipate when it will arrive to the address you indicated on your replacement blade registration. In the meantime, you are able to use all other cutting implements and accessories that may have come with your Cuisinart food processor.

Cuisinart strives to provide you with the best service possible and if you have any questions or concerns please contact us via our email address: Cuisinart_Cserve@conair.com

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Just looked at my blade and it is indeed cracked at a rivet hole. Sent my information and received the auto response confirmation email from Cuisinart.

I sent my info a while ago and got a very nice message from them. I just sent a follow up about,when I might expect delivery of the new one and they could not say with any sense of accuracy. Given the sheer number of replacement blades, I'm not surprised.
Mine is not showing any failures, yet.

I bought my wife a Cuisinart for Christmas, we used to have one long time ago, but it broke. The blades in the new Cuisinart are not what I remember them being. But...the new Cuisinart is very quiet

I bought my wife a Cuisinart for Christmas, we used to have one long time ago, but it broke. The blades in the new Cuisinart are not what I remember them being. But...the new Cuisinart is very quiet

I didn't really think I was their target demographic (almost certain I wouldn't have bought one if not for this site) but I like mine...... roast some almonds, let them cool & let it run with this chopper blade for ~5 minutes & almond butter.... slicer blade - throw in cabbage & soon there's a bucket of cole slaw :) best use though: same slicer blade (as cole slaw) - drop in an onion, some peppers, flank steak or whatever you want, & minutes later you have some badA fajitas.......

Clint, you must have good karma. I know that you registered after I did and I have not yet gotten mine. It has to be a great challenge for Cuisinart to take care of everyone. I'm still using my old blade and just being careful to check everything.

Rita

Clint, you must have good karma. I know that you registered after I did and I have not yet gotten mine. It has to be a great challenge for Cuisinart to take care of everyone. I'm still using my old blade and just being careful to check everything.

Rita

I hope so, I need it! :) Someone let me know & I registered immediately & then posted it here. I'm glad I saved the old blade until I got the replacement.

Hope you all get yours soon... It must be a huge task & expense for them

I look for mine every single day!
Old one is still fine but, it's not seeing the heavy use it did around Christmas! I'll be patient. This might be the ONLY thing I'm patient about though.

Thought I'd update this post because I just received my replacement blade today. Took 3.5 months after I sent in my info.

Back