Deboned and stuffed Turkey to New Years Eve

Alber AL

TVWBB Fan
Hi all,

This year I´d like to cook, I don't know wheter in BBQ or oven depends on the weather, a deboned stuffed bird.
I prefer stuff inside the turkey to cut it in a row, here it's more common.

My idea is to have the bird 24 hours in an apple brine, 24 hours, air-dry it for 24 hours more, fill with the stuff and cook. But I don't know if this is a good idea since I haven't found any suggestion like that at Turkey Talk. Maybe it mix all the turkey tips and is not good :p

Have you got any good recipe for it? Something tested ;)

I´ll appreciate any suggestion, it's my first turkey.

Work on a bed of ice. It takes a good amount of time to get the bones out.

The one time I did it (probably never again) I stuffed mine with an apple sausage stuffing.

Don't get me wrong it was delicious and the presentation is amazing when you slice the bird side to side.

It took well over an hour to debone the bird and I only did the body(not the wings or legs).

I see you are in Spain so you should have access to plenty of delicious sausage for the stuffing.

Good luck.

I don't have any advice to offer, but I'd love to see how it turns out, sounds amazing. Best of luck!

I have deboned a couple chickens in the past and stuffed them with different things. From my view your plan/timing sounds good, you just need to decide on what you want to put in the bird.

I'm wondering if the meat will cook well before the stuffing has had a chance to cook. That will be a large amount of stuffing with a relatively thin meat over it. You may need pre-cook the stuffing before placing it in the bird.

Yes Andrew, that´s an interesting point. All the recipes, I've seen, stir-fry the stuff but the ones that hasn't any meat.

I´m searching for any sausage for the turkey. I am going to prepare a Chestnut one but it doesn´t like everyone.

This morning, 48 hours before cooking

2yy5vg4.jpg

149m69j.jpg

2ypj283.jpg

Back