Cover for Weber Q

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I have had the black covers for my Q100 that Weber sells. However, I don't like them for two reasons. First, I always forget to put them back on after using the grill. After using the grill, I let it burn off the food stuck to the grate. Then I go back out and brush it. However, it is too hot at that time to put the cover on so I plan to go back out and do it later. I always forget. The second reason I don't like the cover is that it seems to hold it a lot of condensation and moisture and keeps the grill from drying out. Lastly, they just don't last all that long and IMO are overpriced to begin with.

So, if I just forget about the cover, I find that when it rains, the rain some how seems to find its way into the grease pan below the grill. After a hard rain, it can be completely full and overflowing. I have taken to putting one of those storage bins over the grill, but it isn't big enough to fully fit and a good wind will blow it off. I don't want to have put a huge bin over it.

I am looking for a good solution. Does anyone have any suggestions. The Q100 grill in question is on a wood shelf on my deck and not on a grill stand if that matters.

I just have a largish piece of cloth that I throw over mine. Can use a sheet or whatever. If there is a threat of rain I just throw a tarp over that. Held on by two clips on the handles. I never cover a warm grill.

Yah, I have been propping a large plastic tote over the grill. It doens't quite fit with the burner knob, but it basically covers the grill but still lets it breath. I just wish I had something that wasn't so ghetto looking even though it in on my back deck and I don't have any neighbors behind me. I guess I could go to an even bigger tote, but that isn't ideal either.

Back