Turkey on the WSM 14.5" smoker Guava smoked

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
I bought a turkey around 11 lbs and smoked it on the 14.5" smoker using Guava wood from Hawaii. The turkey barely fit on the top grate. It was very chilly outside, I ran it with all vents open no water in the pan. It took roughly 3hrs to get the bird up to 165F, then rested loosely with foil. Meat was very tender moist, delicious. The wood smoke was perfect. Not overpowering, just the right amount. I'm very happy with this little guy mini me smoker. Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving. Here are the photos.

Bird barely fits.

Nice chunks of Guava wood from Hawaii.

Smells great!!!

Bird is about done.

Thanks for looking :).

Super looking turkey, Michael. Beautiful.
14.5 is a giant killer, imho.
Thanks for the post.

That looks stunning!
I would not have thought that a turkey would fit the 14"
May have to give it a try for christmas....

Beautiful color on that bird. Where'd you get the Guava wood? Would love to get my hands on some.

Great looking bird Michael! That color is perfect. I have never heard of smoking with guava. Where did you get it? What kind of flavor does it add?

Regards,

John

Excellent looking bird! The mini-wsm's and the 14.5" really work great in the winter! Guava is a great wood. Give Kiawe a try. Its really tasty too.

I remember when you got those staves, been a couple years now? That turkey looks amazing, beautifully cooked / sliced

Back