First Turkey on the grill!

Hilary

TVWBB Member
I cooked my first turkey on the grill (Silver B) as I never even cooked one in the oven! I know, it's hard to believe but my family has always hosted the holidays! I used the Weber recipes for the apple brine and also their cooking instructions and gravy recipe. I had to cook it in a pan because I only have a basket style rotisserie at the moment. Next one will be on a rotisserie. Other than the grill running hot, everything went well. I had a difficult time keeping the temps low with two burners on low. I'm curious if Weber's temp guidelines are for using the hood thermometer? I used my Maverick and measured the grate temp at 355-375 most of the cook. I had just bought the Thermapen Mk4 and love it. It is one of my best investments. The turkey was moist and tasty. One of the thighs needed more cooking so I detached it and finished it in the oven. I'm having issues with Photobucket!

Here is the turkey sitting in the pan with veggies. I should have set it on top of the veggies to prevent the bottom from burning. 1st lesson learned!

Turkey on the Silver B

Finished turkey...sorry about the messy counter...ran out of room in the kitchen!

Last edited:
That bird looks great Hilary. I have never tried one on the gasser, the one I cooked on the Performer turned out good. 350-375 is a good temp for cooking whole turkeys, I wouldn't worry about trying to get the temp any lower.

Sounds great Hilary. Looks like Pat could see your pictures, but I can't.... just the meowing kitty. Problem might be on my end.

All - I've been having major challenges using Photobucket today! I posted them once earlier today and realized that they were too large and I needed to resize them. I've had issues using my ipad and PC trying to copy the links. Hopefully, you all can see them now.

Great looking bird Hilary. You hit it out of the park on your first swing!

Regards,

John

Great job Hilary and fantastic pictures.....The turkey looks great!! Congrats on the first turkey cook!

See the pictures now and they look great. For a first turkey, you did a wonderful job. Do you have any plated pics?

Hilary you did an awesome job on that bird. You nailed that one out of the park, super first turkey.

Congrats on the first grilled Turkey! Once you grill Turkey, you'll never have it any other way

Back