Looking at this grill on CL

RichFarren

Seller is selling grill for his girlfriend and doesn't have much info on this grill. I am going up to look/buy this evening. $15. I hope its in good shape. He doesn't know if its a 3 burner or not. That was a priority for me. Said it needs cleaning but works well. I will have to dis-assemble some to get it home. Anyone able to pinpoint the model/ year? Any opinions of this deal from what you an see in the only photo?

00N0N_e949MjvKzuB_1200x900_zpsretetzga.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Seller is selling grill for his girlfriend and doesn't have much info on this grill. I am going up to look/buy this evening. $15. I hope its in good shape. He doesn't know if its a 3 burner or not. That was a priority for me. Said it needs cleaning but works well. I will have to dis-assemble some to get it home. Anyone able to pinpoint the model/ year? Any opinions of this deal from what you an see in the only photo?

00N0N_e949MjvKzuB_1200x900_zpsretetzga.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks very much like my 2002 Genesis Gold B... I don't know what years that style spanned. Mine has 3 burners.

If I were looking, I would check for frame rust (mine is rotted out around the firebox), and any warping of the box itself... Everything on the inside is more or less replaceable if it's worn.

Last edited:
The price is right as long as it's not a long drive.

Does the seller know how many control knobs there are? That would tell you how many burners it has.

If it's $15 for 3 burner you can't go wrong, unless the frame is all rotted at the welds, even then if minor rust you can repair.

Seller is only about 30 minutes away but Atlanta traffic, that could be an hour. He doesn't know anything about the grill, so I am going to roll the dice and make the drive up. I will let you all know what I see. Thanks

That is a bargain for $15 if the frame is good. I bought one a while back and did a rehab on it. I absolutely love the grill. I invested a little money in it but it's going to last quite a while.

Here it is with the stainless lid.

I also have a red lid for it, this is the way it is always set up.

Thanks for the recomendation to buy this grill. It was dirty but in great shape. Finished refurbishing the grill. Almost no rust! Just a little surface rust that cam right off with wire brush. Surprising to me, the bottom wire rack and the slide out tray were a little rough. Replaced igniter, grates, both swivel casters, grease pan. Burners and flavor bars in good shape. $15 for the grill and $116 for parts and paint. I am very pleased.

The only befor I have is from the Craiglist add
00N0N_e949MjvKzuB_1200x900_zpsxvrdh5x5.jpg

IMG_1097_zpshetqvduy.jpg

IMG_1098_zpsxzbsmoaj.jpg

IMG_1100_zpsoy9j3ggm.jpg

IMG_1101_zpsj9rsprot.jpg

IMG_1099_zpsyfv1nq0c.jpg

That was a no brainer....I have the exact same grill and I love it...I restored mine and it will last me 20 more years easy. Congrats!

Looking good. You are going to love that gassser and it's going to last a long time.

Maintain, repair and care for that grill and it'll be your sweetheart. These are great grills, they just need a little attention every five to ten years. Just like women.

Heck, if he threw in the propane tank, you were already ahead there.
Great find and great refurbish.

Back