Some good grill/smoker deals still out there.

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
I think I mentioned a while back that I was looking to get another smoker (gas). Well I was up at Medford on black friday since Costco had very good deals on a couple things we wanted (Dyson Ball Vacuum cleaner, and a Samsung Blu Ray Player). After getting our shopping done we were heading back home and I was debating whether or not to stop in at HD. I was pretty burned out after dealing with the crowds and HEAVY traffic, so was leaning toward just heading home, but finally said to the kids "What the heck, let's stop at Home Depot and check out the smokers. Maybe they have some on sale?".

So we get to HD and the place is pretty much packed. Great.

We go into the store and head over to the grill aisle section. I was looking for the Masterbuilt Duel Fuel Smoker that retails for $179. We looked at this one earlier this fall and it looks like a good one but we didn't buy it at the time. Figured we'd just wait till spring and maybe it would be on sale then?

Found the smoker and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The price shown was marked down to $99! They only one left so I told my boys "let's go grab one of the flat loading carts and get this on there before someone else grabs it!" We put it on the cart and head to checkout.

It's still sitting in the back of the car and I'm planning on unloading it later today and set it up. I wanted to get a second smoker for fish only and this one fits the bill perfectly. And I'll do a mod or two as well. Install peel and stick gasket material around the doors, etc.

I got rid of my old Perfect-flame gas smoker yesterday. Cleaned the water pan & grates and put it out on the sidewalk with a sign taped to the front with the word "FREE". Twenty minutes later it was gone :). It was pretty much on its last legs anyway. The section holding the burner is rusting pretty good now and the ignition button hasn't worked for several years. It always turned out good eats though :)

I finally found a Silver A for a price I was willing to pay through this pleasant site.
Thanks Jerry and thanks Chris for the forum!

Kewl Holiday story :redmastertouch:

Thanks!

George,

The sales do seem to be regional in nature. Earlier this fall when folks were raving about the GREAT deals they were getting on 14.5" WSM's going on clearance at WalMart, the WalMarts in the Southern OR/Northern CA area had absolutely nothing in stock.

Yup, little was stocked in my local stores. Only orchard supply had almost the full range of webers and accessories. Heavy on the q1200's. But no wsms at all. Only one store, lowes or hd had a wsm. But no 14 in wsms in sight. So far I have not seen any
sales at all. Even wm had no sales on much of anything and this year carried little if any weber grills. Again, target really toned down their stock of grilling items so what they had on sale was little and gone quickly. So there was a big change from last year to this year.

Back