Here's my pizza dough recipe.
Barb

Homemade Thin Crust Pizza

Makes two 10 inch pizzas:

¾ cups lukewarm water
1 teaspoon active dry or instant yeast
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt

Combine the water and yeast in a mixing bowl, and stir to dissolve the yeast. The mixture should look like thin miso soup. Add the flour and salt to the bowl and mix until you’ve formed a shaggy dough.

Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface with corn meal on it. Knead until all the flour is incorporated, and the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. The dough should still feel moist and slightly tacky. If it’s sticking to your hands and counter top like bubble gum, work in more flour one tablespoon at a time until it is smooth.

If you have time at this point, you can let the dough rise until you need it or until doubled in bulk (about an hour and a half). After rising, you can use the dough or refrigerate it for up to three days.

Cover the dough with the upside down mixing bowl or a clean kitchen towel while you prepare the pizza toppings. Roll out dough on corn meal counter until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick. If the dough starts to shrink back, let it rest for five minutes and then continue rolling. I put corn meal on my peel to transfer it to either the grill or pizza stone. Bake about 10 minutes or until the crust is done.

Enjoy Barb

This is my go to. All my pizzas are made with this recipe. It's fast, it's easy and the dough is very manageable and not sticky. Most important, it's very good dough. Thanks Barb, Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks Rich & Barb. I just bought a Weber pizza stone on close out at HD for $12. Now I have a recipe for the dough.

Thanks Rich and Barb. I tried your recipe in the oven and it was great. I am looking forward to using it with my pizza stone on my Weber kettle.

Giving this a try this weekend. First time using the pizza stone, though I don't have a fancy Kettle Pizza deal
Kyle,
THis is what I used for my first go with the pizza stone and no Kettle Pizza. The crust was great to work with, I learned the pizza cooked below 450 were better than those cooked hotter then that. Rich told me to keep it down around 400 to 425. Good luck we were just talking tonight about attempt number 2 for pizza on the grill.

Kyle,
THis is what I used for my first go with the pizza stone and no Kettle Pizza. The crust was great to work with, I learned the pizza cooked below 450 were better than those cooked hotter then that. Rich told me to keep it down around 400 to 425. Good luck we were just talking tonight about attempt number 2 for pizza on the grill.
Thanks, that's same setup I have, just the Weber stone. Where did you place coals? I think I'm going to put coals to one side in the SnS without the water divider. And pizza stone indirect to the other side.
Think I read somewhere you don't want the coals directly under the stone.

Also, going to put the stone in the kettle a bit before putting pizza on. First time trying pizza at all on the kettle

I did two chimneys of charcoal and placed them in like a donut around the whole kettle. I also put the charcoal ring from my WSM 14 in the center of the Kettle grate and the stone on top of that. I did this to help get the top of the pizza closer to the top of the lid to get the top done at the same time as the bottom. I put the stone in for about 40 mins before I put the first pie on, then I did five pies in total, I did a double batch of the dough. The first pie or two the kettle was too hot and got almost burnt crust, the next three the temps come down below 450 and they turned out much better. I don't know if the charcoal set up was to much or if I justed didn't pay enough attention to controlling the temps at first because I know I needed to do good amount of pizza. I still feel like I have a lot of room for improvement, but I really had fun the first time around. Good luck, I am no expert, but I hope that hopes.

Back