melted E-310 cookbox?

Jim in Ojai

I have a 3-year-old E-310, and a couple of days ago I discovered the front bottom of the cookbox had bowed or warped down, like it melted. Grill still works fine, but it's a bear to get the drip pan out.

So, a few questions: Anybody seen this before? I did have a flare up a few days ago, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just how screwed am I? Is it possible to replace the cookbox? I've been using Webers for 30+ years, and this is the first major fail I've had with them.

I wouldn't worry about it Jim, and if you call CS at Weber I am sure that they will take care of the box.

Let us know what they say.

Well Jim that's why most of us have Weber Grills. Their CS is awesome!

Did CS have any idea why you had that problem?

Only said that it will happen if the temp gets 600-700 degrees, and if you're not cleaning the cookbox at least once a year. I didn't think that was the case here, but I'm just happy it was handled so easily. Now all I have to do is figure out how to swap out the cookbox.

I had noticed that the cookbox was warranted for 25 years! I kind of wondered about that, but I guess that's the reason. And I also guess that it doesn't happen very often! Rich

Back