interesting roasting setup

I would think for that price it would be all SS. I like the idea and ease of use. Somebody buy one and give us a review. Anybody named Somebody? LOL

Bill

I don't really see the advantage over a traditional roasting rack. But I'd be curious to hear from someone who tried it.

Bill

other than roasting the bird breast side down, this isn't too different than beer can style roasting.
may be easier than beer can style roasting.

Bill W San Diego : I would think for that price it would be all SS.
i have to believe it IS stainless... what other cooking utensil is NOT made of some sort of stainless? whether cheap or the $$$$$tuff?

Just left a message with the manufacturer about whether or not the metal is stainless. Will let you know when they answer.

Just received an email back from the manufacturer. There response is as follows.

Cooking grade stainless that is tig-welded (no solder). Dishwasher and food safe!

I don't really see the advantage over a traditional roasting rack. But I'd be curious to hear from someone who tried it.

Bill

Sitting on a rack will give you nice rack ridges on the back (who cares) BUT if you turn it, you'll get those same ridges on the breast :rolleyes: PLUS you have to grab the bird with rubber/gloves of some sort. Using this gizmo, no ridges either side and you don't have to grab hold of the bird. Win Win.

Yea, I'm motivated to make something like it or just get it. I have rotisseries but its becoming harder for me to set them up. This means the wife doesn't want to mess with it anymore.

Back