Weber performer ignition problem?

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Has anyone experienced this problem ?
Doesn't seem to matter if the gas tank is full, halfway full, or near empty.
Sometimes it stops after about two minutes... then other times it doesn't stop at all.

Have you checked the tube for things like spiders or other vermin or even spider webs? Haven't had the problem myself but always good to clean out the tube.

I have not, Bob.
Considering how much I use the dang thing (everyday),
ida thunk there'd be no time for any chance that happening...

A couple weeks ago my flame wasn't as high as it normally was. Take the clip that holds the gas hose to burner off and remove the gas hose. Unscrew the brass fitting off the gas hose and take some steel wool and clean all the built up ash/gunk around the pin hole where the gas comes out. Take a safety pin and make sure the little hole is open where the gas comes out. The burner tube also gets charcoal ash built up in the end on the grill side, blow it out, put back together and see if that helps.

If that don't help I would think the regulator may be going bad.

I have two performers and my oldest one would do the same thing as your video shows and some times it would even go out. When I changed from the small bottles to the 20# tank it stopped doing that. I've had it on the big tank for over two years and it's been fine. Why the big tank made a difference I can't say
My genesis 1000 did the same thing with the three burners on high and it was the regulator that was going south, so that may be what you have going on.

Back