**Cajun Bandit Mini Smoker Joe Mods**

Brian Moriarty

TVWBB All-Star
This is a work in progress, but here is what I have going on.

This is a limited run Cajun Bandit 14" SJS Conversion that Chris Perres presented to Left Hand Smoke in 2010 when we cooked at the Jack Daniels Invitational BBQ Championship. I had it covered with a lined BGE cover that became a rust breeding ground, so I removed the door and handles and took it to bare metal.

IMG_2839_1.jpg

Couple coats of 2000* High Temp Primer base.

Centered and cut an 18" OTS bowl for a "LBCF Mod" to be used on the CB or a 15 gallon UDS.

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

Letting nothing go to waste, I secured the legs from the 18" to a 14" SJS bowl, shortening them 4". Very stable footprint.

IMG_2843_1.jpg

The bottom vent is capped with nickel plated hole plugs and it will run like a UDS with three 3/4" intake holes regulated with magnets.

IMG_2844_1.jpg

IMG_2845_1.jpg

IMG_2846_1.jpg

IMG_2847_1.jpg

Finishing with Rustoleum 1200* Semi Gloss BBQ paint

IMG_2848_1.jpg

Like I said its a work in progress, I have some other ideas I'm wanting to work into it. Stay tuned!

Very cool. I can see how the 18" top will be great for ribs.

Can't wait to hear how well it cooks.

So glad I found this mod. I came across it googling the Jimmy mod I was going to do with my jumbo joe. With this I have less money invested with the same reaults. So far I've done a spatchcock turkey, party wings, thick cut pork chops, and brisket point. If I want to grill using the jumbo joe directly on to the smokey joe. The charcoal grate can still it in its regular spot.

Now my diy mind is moving and I want to add a 22 kettle to it also since there are a few cheap ones in my area.

ULfcrPv.jpg

9aqPfb4.jpg

CaVmyvt.jpg

Cool mod! (And other words to make this long enough to post)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back