Thread: **Cajun Bandit Mini Smoker Joe Mods**

**Cajun Bandit Mini Smoker Joe Mods**

This is a work in progress, but here is what I have going on.

This is a limited run Cajun Bandit 14" SJS Conversion that Chris Perres presented to Left Hand Smoke in 2010 when we cooked at the Jack Daniels Invitational BBQ Championship. I had it covered with a lined BGE cover that became a rust breeding ground, so I removed the door and handles and took it to bare metal.

Couple coats of 2000* High Temp Primer base.

Centered and cut an 18" OTS bowl for a "LBCF Mod" to be used on the CB or a 15 gallon UDS.

Letting nothing go to waste, I secured the legs from the 18" to a 14" SJS bowl, shortening them 4". Very stable footprint.

The bottom vent is capped with nickel plated hole plugs and it will run like a UDS with three 3/4" intake holes regulated with magnets.

Finishing with Rustoleum 1200* Semi Gloss BBQ paint

Like I said its a work in progress, I have some other ideas I'm wanting to work into it. Stay tuned!
    PNWBA 2010 Team of the Year, Outdoor cooking enthusiast, Coffee Roaster and Pit modification hack!

TVWBB Member
    Very cool. I can see how the 18" top will be great for ribs.

Can't wait to hear how well it cooks.

steel disc heat deflector and drip pan

22" kettle extension (22" Smokey Joe Premium)

PNWBA 2010 Team of the Year, Outdoor cooking enthusiast, Coffee Roaster and Pit modification hack!

Very nice Brian.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) WSM 14.5 Original Kettle Premium 26 18 OTG Kettle Jumbo Joe Gas Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza

So glad I found this mod. I came across it googling the Jimmy mod I was going to do with my jumbo joe. With this I have less money invested with the same reaults. So far I've done a spatchcock turkey, party wings, thick cut pork chops, and brisket point. If I want to grill using the jumbo joe directly on to the smokey joe. The charcoal grate can still it in its regular spot.

Now my diy mind is moving and I want to add a 22 kettle to it also since there are a few cheap ones in my area.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Cool mod! (And other words to make this long enough to post)
    Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3, Blackstones