Basic question

Yes. When doing a Minion cook I load the hot coals, add the wood, finish assembling the cooker and add the meat, pretty much as fast as all of that is possible.

I mix my wood chunks in with the coals. This also allows them to heat up and you will get more even smoke through the cook. I then light the coals with the minion method and wait for the billowy white smoke to go away before putting the meat on. Also allows the smoker to come up to temp.

I buried my chunks or split into the briqqettes.
I've tried all different setup, and this is the best One to acieve the Total combustion

Yes. When doing a Minion cook, I bury a few chunks in the coals. I load the hot coals, add a piece of wood on top, finish assembling the cooker and add the meat, pretty much as fast as all of that is possible.
x4. My edits in red.

I buried my chunks or split into the briqqettes.
I've tried all different setup, and this is the best One to acieve the Total combustion
I'm totally with Enrico on this one! Bury them, do a minion start and let the wsm warm up. best ring on a brisket this way! Oh, and don't add any more chunks during the cook, and I'll use 3-4 or 1 big chunk.

Back