WSM legs on an SJ??

I checked it out when I built my mini. If I remember correctly, the upper mounting bolts would interfere with the base of the Tamale Pot if I used the stock lower holes. Maybe bending up some new legs to fit would work.

After smashing my original legs on a camping trip I bent up the legs in the post above. Can't believe how much sturdier the legs are now. Best mod I've done yet.

I've never seen anyone do it.

Hold onto your hat Chris!

I followed the directions that George L laid out in his mod - it is a great mod, but unfortunately for me, the aluminum I used from HD was too brittle and it cracked at the major bends. I was able to get one usable leg out of the 48" strip. So rather than go it again, I bit the bullet and added a set of Gen1 18" WSM legs in my e-Replacement parts cart and went large and in charge!

I chose an "AH" - 2014 SJS with three intake vents drilled and regulated with magnets and did some minor bending following George L's specs, trimmed 2.25" off the length and here we have a much more stable footprint for my Cajun Bandit Mini.

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

22" Weber Smokey Joe Premium kettle (exclusively at Wal-Mart!) add on!

IMG_0434.jpg

Enjoy!

Back