304 Stainless Steel Hinged Cooking Grate for 22.5 inch Weber Kettles

Rich Langer

TVWBB Guru
Please Note: The product originally discussed in this thread is no longer available on Amazon. As a result, I've deleted the links to it.

Best,
Chris

--

I think this is the one we've been waiting for: <LINK DELETED>

NyOCoOC.jpg

Weber has them

Has what? Let us know what you know, because I can't find any. There are no stainless steel grates on Weber.com for 22" kettles, whether fixed, hinged, or Gourmet Grilling System. All are plated. And a call to Weber Customer Support says they can't find any in the system, except for the Summit charcoal hinged stainless steel GBS and the hinged stainless steel grate for 26" kettles.

Has what? Let us know what you know, because I can't find any. There are no stainless steel grates on Weber.com for 22" kettles, whether fixed, hinged, or Gourmet Grilling System. All are plated. And a call to Weber Customer Support says they can't find any in the system, except for the Summit charcoal hinged stainless steel GBS and the hinged stainless steel grate for 26" kettles.

I ordered a couple about 6 months ago from weber. According to the Rep I spoke with, they were getting rid of them. They were not cheap it was over $100 for both.

As for the one posted above here is another link for the same one.
<LINK DELETED>

I've had this too. It is noticeably thinner then the SS from Weber but is indeed SS.

I've been thinking of shooting an email to RCPlanebuyer to see if he can get a set together for the 22". He would make a killing on that grate

I found out they make the GBS stainless grate for the 22.5 in the European market for some reason. They are super pricy even before trying to import one. I imagine they are tough to make.

As for the one posted above here is another link for the same one.
<LINK DELETED>

No workie. TGGear is just a front for Amazon. Place grate in cart, attempt to checkout, you end up on Amazon's checkout page with "item unavailable".

For anyone looking for a hinged Stainless Steel cooking grate for a 22 inch Weber, here is a link to a place where they are available. The cost is $32.52 plus shipping. These are the same grates that Weber sells (Used to sell). I have not purchased one of these as I have 6 or 8 already. They came standard on the Weber Performer Touch-N-Go grills in the 2009 to 2012 models. They also came with the Weber One Touch Gold models during that same period. Here is that link:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/cooking-grate-p-1476029.html

For anyone looking for a hinged Stainless Steel cooking grate for a 22 inch Weber, here is a link to a place where they are available. The cost is $32.52 plus shipping. These are the same grates that Weber sells (Used to sell). I have not purchased one of these as I have 6 or 8 already. They came standard on the Weber Performer Touch-N-Go grills in the 2009 to 2012 models. They also came with the Weber One Touch Gold models during that same period. Here is that link:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/cooking-grate-p-1476029.html

32 dollars for part
31 dollars for shipping to bay area California!!!!!

63 total plus tax ouch

Might give weber a call. That's how I got my last one 5 years ago.

Am I missing something?

I just ordered one yesterday from Weber:

CDwdv2d.png

What you're missing is the customer service rep I spoke to who says there are no more stainless steel grates for 22" kettles! And none is shown on Weber.com. But having a part number helps, I'll give them another call.

I just called, and yes, they do have them, it's just a matter of getting a knowledgeable agent on the phone, or better yet, providing the part number. The nice lady told me they have about 25 in stock right now at $65.83 + $7 flat shipping.

I just called, and yes, they do have them, it's just a matter of getting a knowledgeable agent on the phone, or better yet, providing the part number
Anyone have a part number for the 26" Kettle? I would love to update my 26" grate to solid SS, but will be happy if I can even get the HD Plated Grate

Back