304 Stainless Steel Hinged Cooking Grate for 22.5 inch Weber Charcoal Grills Amazon

I ordered one, price seemed decent considering I go through grates pretty good.

Now that the 22.5"er is available, I expect that the 18.5"er can't be far behind. I wonder if one can cut them in half for use with the Kamado Joe Divide & Conquer??

Hey David - another product for you to sell-half grates :wsm:

Maybe David will provide more info. In another thread he said "international supply chain" so clearly not USA. China would be a good guess...maybe something like this?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...nce-Factory-German-Stainless_60449325053.html

Chris is correct. I am working with a factory in China. The representatives I am working with appear to know the Weber product line inside and out. I am 90+% confident that it is the same factory being used to make OEM parts.

I have tried finding US manufacturers and the process has been disheartening.

The local small shops do not have the equipment to make these in a cost competitive manner. They want to charge me $60 per piece. After shipping and Amazon fees I would have to charge $90 just to break even.

The larger metal shops do not want to work with me since I am not placing $20,000 orders. I am on the Gulf Coast and the large shops are completely focused on refineries, chemical plants and oil exploration customers.

I received my grate a few days ago, washed it and did a tri-tip tonight. My grates seem to rust up and I've bought a new one every year or two so I'm hoping this lasts.

Having worked with stainless in my profession we would always use a magnet to make sure we had the right stuff, I was pleasantly surprised when I used a very powerful magnet and it had no pull.

Give this place a look.
I have many of their products for my Ceramic grills. Tom sells a bunch of Stainless Grids and knows his stuff. He has made me several custom pieces over the years.
They are also now a Weber dealer so I'm sure he can answer related questions. His stainless grids are very high quality.

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/cooking-grids-and-grill-grates

Now that the 22.5"er is available, I expect that the 18.5"er can't be far behind. I wonder if one can cut them in half for use with the Kamado Joe Divide & Conquer??

Hey David - another product for you to sell-half grates :wsm:

Last edited:
The price was dropped on these grates, $39.95 is a pretty damn good deal considering a standard grate is $20.

David - I may have seen in another thread, but can you comment on the thickness of the grates? I have the Weber SS for my Genesis gasser and they are almost 3/8". I know these will not be same, but would like to know....

The price was dropped on these grates, $39.95 is a pretty damn good deal considering a standard grate is $20.

I just ordered one. $39.99 is a very good deal. I'll probably order a set of the SS baskets in the near future, but the standard weber ones I have now are still in good shape.

Last edited:
David - I may have seen in another thread, but can you comment on the thickness of the grates? I have the Weber SS for my Genesis gasser and they are almost 3/8". I know these will not be same, but would like to know....
David said: "The 22.5 inch grates are the exact same thickness and dimensions of the Weber grates. The grate for the 18.5 WSM will be about 20% thicker than the original."

David said: "The 22.5 inch grates are the exact same thickness and dimensions of the Weber grates. The grate for the 18.5 WSM will be about 20% thicker than the original."

Thanks Chris - I guess what I am asking is are they the same as the regular Weber hinged replacement grates or the old Weber SS hinged grates (or perhaps the gourmet system)? I just put in a replacement set on my every day kettle and I'm just surprised at how flimsy the weber greates have become.

As a side note, my mother had a newish grate from the late 90's and it's fantastic. Quality was much better years back.

Back