Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ThermoWorks Smoke Review

I am pretty sure my temps would be widely different. It could be the grill is a Genesis 1000 and 24 years old, so the lid thermometer probably isnt real accurate.
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

My Smoke came in yesterday! Can't wait to put it to the test next week on the behemoth 22.59 lb. turkey! I've already hinted to my girlfriend that the Smoke Gateway would be a pretty cool Christmas gift.

LOL. Good luck. That is a huge bird and will be a great use and test for your new smoke. I can't imagine it will disappoint you. Let us know what you think after the big cook.

Thanks, Bruce. I'll definitely post my thoughts -- whether good or bad! -- a few days later. I'm cooking for a decent amount of people, so we'll see how it goes.

Thinking about just sticking the lines/probes through the grommet. Any advice/issues on that in regards to avoiding the grommet coming out upon entrance/removal? I hated trying to get it in there.

No advice on the grommet from me. I use a Genesis 1000 gasser.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy S View Post
    Thinking about just sticking the lines/probes through the grommet. Any advice/issues on that in regards to avoiding the grommet coming out upon entrance/removal? I hated trying to get it in there.
    I've never had an issue with it. If you're really concerned about it, put a little vegetable oil on the probe. Only advice would be to NOT put any significant strain on the cord when pulling it out. You'll have to put some strain on it to pass it through, but as soon as there's any resistance, stop and push from the other side. The ThermoWorks probes are a lot sturdier than most other brands but you still shouldn't be pulling hard on the cord.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789