WGA Gas Grill Retrofitted with SS Falvorizer - No Heat!

Howard I

Hi Folks,

I've been away for a month or two...... Recently, I tried out my newly purchased WGA Gas Grill retrofitted with the old style metal grill grate (standard issue pre-porcelain) and the SS Flavorizer Bar purchased via the internet.

Upon use, I noticed that I was not getting much heat to the grill. Not even enough to grill a hot dog on the highest setting.

I'm wondering if the burner tube on the current WGA Gas Grill is not strong enough to produce the heat needed to affect items on the grill with the SS Flavorizer installed?

Any thoughts or solutions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion.

I use the smaller propane tanks associated with the portability of the grill. Hence, no regulator.

Perhaps the step where the person "turns on the LP tank" is where I would attach the small propane tank....... after the knob is turned to the OFF position.

Last edited:
The flame is blue in color but very short out of the tube......... Without the SS in place, I could keep my hand at grill level for awhile.... With the SS in place, I can hardly feel any heat at all coming from the slots cut into the SS bar. The SS bar itself got hot enough to sizzle water.....

Did the original WGA gas grill have a single burner bar? I recall it did. I recall my old WGA emitting a pretty good size flame from the burner tube too. There would be some good flare ups when grilling nicely marbled steaks.

Thanks George for the suggesting that the regulator may be at fault.

I contacted Weber Customer Service..... Long story short, the second person I spoke with immediately suggested sending me a new regulator to try and that the grill will sear meats just as the older version did, etc.

I'll report my findings after I replace the regulator.

As an aside, I was told by Weber personnel that you can only reset the regulator on the larger LP tanks, not the small bottled propane tanks.

Last edited:
Take the sticker off of the knob, under the sticker there is a phillips head screw. You can turn the screw clockwise to give you more power. Good luck!

Back