Catch-up on Ketchup

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
A few musings on ketchup:

• I hear people say all the time that putting ketchup on hot dogs is only for kids. Well, I don't care what anyone says, I must be a big kid at heart because I like ketchup on my hot dogs. No, I wouldn't put ketchup on a Chicago-style hot dog, but I don't eat Chicago-style hot dogs, anyway, so there.
  • The world doesn't need any ketchup other than Heinz Ketchup. It's the perfect ketchup and everyone else should just give up and turn their attention to making something else.
  • On a related note, there's nothing worse than going to a restaurant and being served some artisanal ketchup or homemade ketchup wannabe that tastes nothing like Heinz. Don't waste your time making ketchup; focus on what you're good at and leave the ketchup to the professionals.
  • I wish more restaurants would adopt the Heinz Dip & Squeeze ketchup packets instead of the foil squeeze packets. Kudos to Chick-fil-A for doing so.
  • Final note to restaurateurs: Don't give me a little metal cup of ketchup with my 1/2 pound burger and order of fries. The first thing I'm gonna do is ask you for more ketchup. Just put the bottle on the table so I can use as much ketchup as I want.
  • I read an article on Foodbeast titled "Here Are Some Of The Weird Things Starving College Kids Eat And Rarely Enjoy". One was called "Struggle Sammich" and consisted of ketchup and mustard on white bread. That's it. No, I've not eaten ketchup and mustard on white bread...but I have eaten ketchup on white bread. I've eaten ketchup on saltine crackers. I'm not proud of it, but I've done it. Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do.
  • To Heinz R&D: Can't you do something to prevent ketchup from squirting out of the bottle after sitting on the kitchen counter for a minute to two? Nothing worse than a ketchup explosion all over me and the counter.
  • Ketchup may be good for you. Various studies indicate that ketchup may reduce the risk of prostate cancer, increase sperm count, cut bad cholesterol, and improve your eyesight. Of course, you probably have to eat a ton of ketchup to get any of those benefits...and all the sugar and salt in ketchup probably negates the benefits, anyway.

Pammi looks at me funny, but on a regular hot dog, I like ketchup, mustard and onions. I AM ok with this!!:p

When I eat a burger and fries at a place that has the pump dispenser and little paper cups, I take a large to go lid, place a napkin under it, to keep ketchup from leaking out, and load the lid up with ketchup.

Last edited:
Just across the Mighty Mississippi from St Louis.

rando-ppicture-232.jpg

I don't really care what you put on a dog, why do you care what I put on mine? Mustard, Onions & Kraut - Momma told me to eat my veggies 8)

When I eat a burger and fries at a place that has the pump dispenser and little paper cups, I take a large to go lid, place a napkin under it, to keep ketchup from leaking out, and load the lid up with ketchup.
Been there, done that.

Also, I dump fries out of the fry boat and pump ketchup into it.

And I love ketchup on my spinach, kale, and collards along with a splash of vinegar
Ray
RAY! That's HORRIBLE!
I L♥VE garden fresh spinach with ABSOLUTELY nothing on it... plain, just eet it!!

and as for ketchup, or catsup.... you can have it.
get ticked at liz EVERY TIME she pours it on GREAT TASTING BRATS!

Back