Miss Jules B wonderful summer puff pastry tart

Jules B

TVWBB Member
Hi y’all, so following the overwhelming request form the forum members for me to share my other half’s recipe for her delicious summer tart, here it goes, this is a really simple recipe that only requires 15 minutes’ preparation in total (not including the cooking time in the oven):

Miss Jules B wonderful Summer Puffy Tart

Ingredients:
  • 1 roll of puff pastry (serve 6 people on average)
  • 2 sweet peppers (red long variety) See picture
  • 50 gr goat cheese
  • 3/4 figs without skin
  • rocket leaves
  • 2 handful of cherry tomatoes
  • 2 dashes of extra virgin olive oil
  • dry or fresh chopped parsley
  • 1 egg yolk

Method:
  • Take the puff pastry out of the fridge at least 15 minutes before laying it on a rectangular baking tray
  • Beat 1 egg yolk and brush it around the edges
  • Score with knife around the edges 1 cm and prick the centre with a knife
  • Cook until golden, then let it cool down

Meanwhile, you will have prepared the red peppers ahead, as follows:
  • Sprinkle some salt over the peppers after rinsing them and removing the penduncle (stem) and seeds
  • Let them cook until the skin bubbles at 180C Fan Oven / 200C
  • Remove them from the oven and let them cool down for few minutes until the skin comes off easily
  • Cut them in little pieces and season with olive oil and dry/fresh chopped parsley

At this point, you will be ready to decorate the pastry which will have a lovely golden colour throughout and will have "collapsed" in the centre
Chop the cherry tomatoes, figs and goat cheese. Position them in the centre by making sure to spreading them over nicely; add the peppers previously prepared. Then add leaves of rocket as decoration over them.

Pic of the finished product:

This is a really good recipe to serve as a show stopping side dish to a summer BBQ party and brings a bit of freshness to the table!

Enjoy!

Jules & Miss Jules

Hi Len, thanks for clarifying, I didn't know you guys called it by another name in the other side of the pond.
Jules

Back