Fired up in Iowa

ZacMiller

TVWBB Member
Well short introduction, I'm from Iowa and I recently getting more and more intrigued about competition BBQ. I started my BBQ adventure on a 18 WSM my buddy picked up at a garage sale for like $30, we've smoked almost everything on that ol girl and still have it. Over the years between the both of us we've pry owned about every big box store smoker out, Webers, Treagers, Louisiana, Bradleys, even a big fancy trailer mounted offset but in the end I ended up staying with the Weber.I currently have a 18,22, pimped out smokey Joe and a 22 kettle. But over the last year or so competing has become of interest to me and i'm gearing up to try it in 2017. Ill post some more pictures of set ups and practice boxes for you to critique. I know i have a lot to learn and i know the knowledge here is very vast in the topics of competition BBQ, (long time listener first time caller ;)) again thanks for a great form!

Welcome to the forum Zac. Sounds like you're going to bring some of your own knowledge to the forum. Post up those pics.

Welcome to the family, Zac.
Wishing you and your team, BBQ Excellence in your competition journey.

Independence? Years ago I went to college with Duane and Brian Philgreen of Independence, but I have no idea if they grill.;)

Back