why so few q's for sale

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
i just can't find a baby q at a decent price to save my life. i know they are good but just the lack makes me wonder.
one just came up for a 100 bucks. nuts.

There always seems to be a few for sale around here George. Usually around +\- $100, but that's the asking price. I have bought 2 q-200's (1 for myself, and a second for a friend) both were asking $100 and both got loaded in my car for $50 each. It's funny, it seems like on the west coast you guys have great deals on full sized grills while around here we have good deals on the smaller spirits and Q's. Keep looking, it took me a year of looking at CL daily to find my performer for $60, and over 3 months to find my 22" WSM for $100. The deals are there, you may just have to wait to find it.
Good Luck my friend,
Tim

I was seeing a lot of Q's on Seattle CL pretty cheap. I got my Red 120 for $40 and a 200 with a 5 gallon LP tank and adapter hose for $35 a couple years ago.

What we're seeing now are a lot 100/1000's in the $100-150 range - a lot with carts.

I got lucky today, just scored this Q200 in San Diego for $35 including the barely used propane tank!! The craigslist ad had 2 very poor pictures; one of which showed that it was kept on a covered balcony with a cover. I figured it would be a good bet to be in good condition since it was under a covered balcony and the owner kept it under a cover. I took these pics as soon as I got home, without cleaning anything off:

CoMmHwTzYTlmi_FgNbYlw59_7-e1ACYnliYeQ8W9-Eu3H0MKLmqH0gtJ95Wd_nEF8HQ7xAu2aDi5rQ=w791-h988-no

NPRDrb6utrZC0e_98ejs3yu-EOXksVF0lsiMyFgrN1G5j9dy7lOufNdpKiD3JA7i1OuDmb-TYd8aDA=w1235-h989-no

BWD2ritu2jGLCDaPCRThQzf0A4eo4Kf2uXPcBVDeuRWDRGERDEVfEsdiWMn2z_nir8SdjlZBR6810g=w1482-h988-no

cylKuQk1pO6W71bHsY39PX3xhOxl2ye4zxbT5PVIIM-EdnsByqIS-TAw3fwj9DRtF3ofMI7Jwma3Uw=w1482-h988-no

cfb5fcpw9UZotOvPOY_zt7qml6ZxWzi8sBATtwMPsYqgVUJ-KOL5I5xfxAK6uRhKC6Jlsn5rW1CXdA=w790-h988-no

Sorry to gloat, just very excited to get this portable Weber Q, having passed on that rusted out Summit S650 and reading this thread that the Q's are rarely cheap on the left coast!

Wow ! I would love to find a small q for that price. I already have a red q220 so no need for a bigger one. Ok, ok, if that showed up here I would grab it. That would be a 150 bucks here easily. Congrats !

that's one of the cleaner ones I've seen. I don't know why, but it seems like every grate and top lid of these are pretty nasty on most used ones. I don't know if its the design that leads to this or what.

George, I periodically see them on Craigslist here north of S.F. Are you checking the Bakersfield listings? Perhaps that is too far to travel.

Yea, I check about every other day. My search includes the surrounding area including fresno and bakersfield. But gas can make it a no go.

Back