Used Summit Charcoal Grill

Bill, it isn't that bad a drive. Sunday afternoon and you would have it home doing your inaugural cook. What could be better? Just a thought.

My Wife is really happy the Summit is in Los Angeles and not in our area Robert. Thanks for sharing, I think, LOL.

Bill

Wow, I didn't think we'd see them on Craigslist so soon.

Bill, come on, you and it are in the same state! How far away could it be? I mean, California is not very big, right?

Bob and Greg you're absolutely correct, it's only about 100miles on a Sunday morning drive, however I just can't justify spending 1500 on something I don't really need. But, if I could sell my MAK 2 star pellet grill/smoker for the price of the Summit, than I'd be LA bound. Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Bill

Actually Greg, California is the third biggest state in the US and is 770 miles from upper to lower border. And I agree that I also did not expect to see them on the secondary market this soon. Besides, $1500.00 is not that big of a savings. MSRP is $1700.00 and street price is reported to be $1500.00 so not any real savings at all. Will be interesting to see how long it sits at that price.

Wow, I didn't think we'd see them on Craigslist so soon.

Bill, come on, you and it are in the same state! How far away could it be? I mean, California is not very big, right?

My Wife is really happy the Summit is in Los Angeles and not in our area Robert. Thanks for sharing, I think, LOL.

Bill

Orange County isn't that far away for you. ;)

MSRP is $2299 for the grilling center.

You know you want it.

Last edited:
Actually Greg, California is the third biggest state in the US and is 770 miles from upper to lower border. And I agree that I also did not expect to see them on the secondary market this soon. Besides, $1500.00 is not that big of a savings. MSRP is $1700.00 and street price is reported to be $1500.00 so not any real savings at all. Will be interesting to see how long it sits at that price.

Yeah, I know that California is big, I was being sarcastic.
I thought the Summits were $1500 for the cheaper one and $2,000 for the one with the cart.

Bill, you have a MAK? NICE! I bought my used Green Mountain pellet grill from a guy who had just replaced it with a new MAK. Mine does what it is supposed to do, but those MAKs are NICE!

Last edited:
I am thinking you are right on the price. Pulled the price up on the web and didn't seem quite right but went with it anyway.

Yeah, I know that California is big, I was being sarcastic.
I thought the Summits were $1500 for the cheaper one and $2,000 for the one with the cart.

Thanks Greg, yes the MAK Grill/Smoker is one of the top pellet cookers on the market. If you're looking for a set it and forget it cooking machine the MAK is the one I chose. Unfortunately I haven't used mine for over a year now. I like playing with my other toys, WSM, Performer, 26.5, and PK cooker. There is something about getting the hands on with fire management, temp control, and the taste of charcoal that you can't get with a pellet grill. However, with that said, I've cooked some really good tasting Q with my MAK.

Bill

Back