Tank scale

Mark Al

OK guy's once again I'm turning to the experts. I got my new to me genesis silver all cleaned up but I have 2 issues yet to solve. One the tank scale is stuck and does not move any more. Has any one ever taken one apart to repair it. And 2, my thermometer does not work properly. How does it come off? Thanks in advance.:cool:

Is the Genesis the one with the thermometer on the far right side? If so, it should just pull out. If it is in the front center of the hood, there is probably a nut of some sort on the inside behind the therm.

Can you post a pic of the tank scale. Is it the one with the scale on the front of the right leg or is the scale marking directly on the hanging tank holder?

Pictures would help very much to know what you have.

Hi Bob, yes it is the one with the thermometer on the right. I did try to pull it out but didn't want to break anything. Next time I'll give it a bit more pressure. On the scale, to late I already broke it. It was the one with the little yellow pictures on the side. The spring on the bottom came out of the hole. While trying to reseat it I popped one of the carriage bolts inside it so I had to cut the bottom retainer clip so I could put in back in. With out that I have no way to hold the tank in place. I did get it all back together without the guts but at least I have the tank holder.
I don't have a URL set up for pictures yet. Still trying to figure that out.

Last edited:
As for pics, there is a link at the top of this page that says "FAQ". Follow that and you will find a tutorial that tells how to post pics. You will need an account at a pic hosting service. I use the free account at photobucket and that seems to work well. Good Luck.

Back