Genesis silver A burner tube question

Cathy N

Newbie on TVWB. Usually use charcoal kettles. Decided to rehab an older propane grill after seeing all these posts about restoring old grills. I got an older Genesis silver A from 1997 or 1998 I am guessing. It needed new burner tubes and flavorizer bars. I ordered the burner tubes from Weber. They are installed and working, but I have a question about the fit of the burner tube to the manifold. The burner tubes seem like the fit is loose where it connects to the manifold. The end goes over the manifold part, but it has a lot of "give" to it. I can move the burner tube back and forth - it will slide from left to right a little. I can push it all the way to the right up against the manifold, but it loose. Is it supposed to be this way? When I turn everything on the burners light properly and work fine. I'm just a little nervous about the propane escaping out the connection where the burner end slides over the manifold part. I hope this is the way it works. Thanks. Cathy

Newbie on TVWB. Usually use charcoal kettles. Decided to rehab an older propane grill after seeing all these posts about restoring old grills. I got an older Genesis silver A from 1997 or 1998 I am guessing. It needed new burner tubes and flavorizer bars. I ordered the burner tubes from Weber. They are installed and working, but I have a question about the fit of the burner tube to the manifold. The burner tubes seem like the fit is loose where it connects to the manifold. The end goes over the manifold part, but it has a lot of "give" to it. I can move the burner tube back and forth - it will slide from left to right a little. I can push it all the way to the right up against the manifold, but it loose. Is it supposed to be this way? When I turn everything on the burners light properly and work fine. I'm just a little nervous about the propane escaping out the connection where the burner end slides over the manifold part. I hope this is the way it works. Thanks. Cathy

Cathy, long story short, as long as the burner tubes are seated on the left side under the bolts, the valve orifices are inside the burner tubes AND the manifold bracket is snugged up tightly against the outside of the firebox, then you are all good.

Back