Smoked Ground Beef ??????

DaveMc

TVWBB Member
I am looking to try something different with my next chili, and was looking to the pro's for ideas. I want to smoke the ground beef and pork prior to making the chili for a smoky taste. Any recommendations on technique and/or length of smoke to accomplish this? Thanks

I am looking to try something different with my next chili, and was looking to the pro's for ideas. I want to smoke the ground beef and pork prior to making the chili for a smoky taste. Any recommendations on technique and/or length of smoke to accomplish this? Thanks

You could brown cook the beef & onions/peppers etc on the grill in a cast iron or stainless pan. I've done crab boils on the grill, as well as clam chowder. Play with it, go easy the first time, I'm sure you'll like it.

Smoking meatloaf outside of the traditional pan (only on parchment paper) does a great job of adding smoke to the meat...
and i can see this working well smoking meat for chili....

Dave, i would try just placing the ground beef and ground pork in a pile on parchment on your smoker (or grill)
over low heat (maybe 225 to 275ºF) for a short period of time... an hour? two...?
dunno man... but heck yeah, i'll try it.

Thanks for the ideas, I like the little piles of meat on parchment paper idea, although I may try that on a Grill mat

I smoke hamburgers (with additives aka "meatloaf-style"). I smoke them to 160F. They come out pretty damn great!

You can always break them up for chili.

Back