Problem keeping temps down

Frank L

Okay, so everyone has been raving about ATC's so I built one. It works as advertised but my 18.5 won't keep the temps down when I am using it....What is the problem, I can control my WSM fine without the ATC. Is there some secret that I am not getting?

Last edited:
Can you describe your process in some detail Frank? It would help to figure out the problem. Pics could help also. What ATC do you have and what blower are you using?

I am using a 9.3 cfm blower with a mypin TA7 controller. The fan is mounted to a cat bowl that I found at Walmart. All of that works great. I guess my problem is with the one vent completely open because of the fan, it is allowing too much air to flow without the fan even being energized. I need to install a check valve of sorts on the fan to prevent any free airflow, and maybe put a gasket on the door. I guess I had some unrealistic expectation that I would be able to just hook it up and forget about it and it would keep it within a reasonable range. It may actually work better on my Mini WSM as it has a much tighter seal.

Back