WEBER Silver B series restoration

D Gunderman

I recently purchased a brand new Weber Genesis E310 from Home Depot. That will be my retirement grill. But I currently own a Silver B grill that I purchased back around 02-04. It still kicks ***. But I do have some rust issues. And a pin hole (rust) on the cover of the grill just above the thermometer. The main rust problem is on the frame (left side) where the body sits on. Plus the side of the body's paint is is almost gone. I shouldn't have any problem restoring the rusted out areas and the body paint. My question is how to fix the pin hole on the front of the cover (lid)? I am new to this forum and just now got the okay to post here. I do have pictures, but do not know how to post them here yet. Thank you for any info on this.

Last edited:
I'm not clear exactly where the pinhole is located. If it is in the lid itself (the porcelain coated steel portion), Weber may cover it under your warranty as that part was guaranteed against rust through for 25 years. If it is in the cast aluminum side panel, you would likely need to find a replacement. You can order a new panel, look for a used one, or salvage one from a used Weber of the same design. Or, you could "patch" the hole with a stainless steel screw... again, tough to fully diagnose without a photo.

Back