table for my Jumbo Joe and Q220

Walt

TVWBB Fan
I finally collected the parts for my cart, both free off Craigslist: Weber Genesis 3000 and Bed slats for a twin bed

Stripped down the cart to the frame, sanded and painted it black. Measured (twice),cut, stained and sealed the slats. Screwed the slats from under to have a clean look on top. Used red paint and sanded the Weber logo down to shine it up. The pictures show my Q220 fit perfectly under when I use the Jumbo Joe. I could use both at the same time if need be.

I have a another (free) Red Genesis 3000 NG that no one wants to buy/refurb. I may make another cart using wood from pallets to keep the cost low.

29268574481_77fcb448c7_c.jpg

29268633321_ed64f9e8c4_c.jpg

You did a wonderful job on that rehab/mod. Like what you did. Now lets see some cooks there.

That looks great Walt. I wish I had more room on my patio for something like that.

That is awesome ! Though I still plan on refurbing the complete grill I have, I do have an old sunbeam frame that would work perfectly for my needs. But knowing my luck I will be making a metal top.

I was inspired by this forum and great group of Weber owners. All my plans came from reading this forum (even shining up the Weber Logo).

That's a great idea! I don't have any portable's, but it is a great all purpose grilling cart also. I will start looking for old grills that people sit out by the road. That's a great job Walt!

Yes Randy, I plan on using this as a general cart too. Weber makes their frames built to last (if covered) and I think this is a great height/size for displaying food/buffet.

What a smart way to reuse something that would otherwise end up in a landfill. Looks very nice.

Back