Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You Sure You Want to Leave this Page?

Like Bob I get a similar message if I hit the back button to add a link or photo. My pop-up says "Are you sure you want to leave this site "
    To avoid that I open my links or photos in a new tab.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

Tim's approach is spot on. I either do that or just press "no" and keep typing. If what Tim and I are experiencing is the same as the others, it is not a problem but something that windows does so you don't lose your work.

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    Like Bob I get a similar message if I hit the back button to add a link or photo. My pop-up says "Are you sure you want to leave this site "
    To avoid that I open my links or photos in a new tab.

Tim
    2013 WSM 22.5 , 2008 C&B Performer 22.5 , 96 Genesis 1000 Redhead , 1995 Smokey Joe , 2 HeaterMeters, Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ivey View Post
    Tim's approach is spot on. I either do that or just press "no" and keep typing. If what Tim and I are experiencing is the same as the others, it is not a problem but something that windows does so you don't lose your work.
    No, this is completely different. Say I'm on the home page and I click on photo gallery I get the pop up or if I go from a thread in photo gallery or any other treads such as weber gas grills I get the pop up. If I go from a tread in photo gallery to another tread in photo gallery I get the pop up. Has nothing to do with the reply to a post. Any movement within the forum I get the pop up except when I use the back button.
    When I post a thread I have a tab open for the forum and one for photo bucket to avoid that pop up, been doing it that way for years.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dahl View Post
    No, this is completely different. Say I'm on the home page and I click on photo gallery I get the pop up or if I go from a thread in photo gallery or any other treads such as weber gas grills I get the pop up. If I go from a tread in photo gallery to another tread in photo gallery I get the pop up. Has nothing to do with the reply to a post. Any movement within the forum I get the pop up except when I use the back button.
    When I post a thread I have a tab open for the forum and one for photo bucket to avoid that pop up, been doing it that way for years.
    Never had that happen and that's using Chrome on this PC and FF on my laptop.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

This was driving me nuts for the past few days. At least six times every time I was on the board. Yesterday I switched browsers. Was running MS Internet Explorer. Switched to Google Chrome and problem solved. Have not seen it since.

Chrome lets me navigate through our site significantly faster than IE also.
    Last edited by Cliff Bartlett; 08-28-2016 at 04:10 PM.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Bartlett View Post
    This was driving me nuts for the past few days. At least six times every time I was on the board. Yesterday I switched browsers. Was running MS Internet Explorer. Switched to Google Chrome and problem solved. Have not seen it since.

Chrome lets me navigate through our site significantly faster than IE also.
    I always use Chrome and have had no problems.
    Just for grins I tried IE to see if I would get the same message, but didn't during my short test.
    Fire and smoke brought us all together, sharing and respect has made us all friends.

TVWBB Member
    I am also getting it with IE 11 and Windows 7.
    22.5 OTG , Genesis EP-330 with rotisserie

Yesterday afternoon it went away and this morning it's back...frustrating for sure.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

I'm exactly the same as Bob Ivey. Mac + Chrome. It only happens if I'm posting, not when I'm just browsing.
    I think what happens is, that the forum or browser software recognises you're in the middle of something, & you possibly hit a wrong button, then gives you the option to leave the page or continue so you don't lose a lot of text you've written. (Done that before, & it's very annoying).
    Word asks a similar thing when you want to close a document you've been working on, & haven't yet saved it.
    If I'm doing a long post, I always do it in Word first, then copy and paste into the reply box.

With my situation, Tony is spot on. I get the popup when a mistakenly hit a button on my stationary trackball. Also Tony, your thought is spot on about doing longer replies on Word first and then copy and paste. I will try that next time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyUK View Post
    I'm exactly the same as Bob Ivey. Mac + Chrome. It only happens if I'm posting, not when I'm just browsing.
    I think what happens is, that the forum or browser software recognises you're in the middle of something, & you possibly hit a wrong button, then gives you the option to leave the page or continue so you don't lose a lot of text you've written. (Done that before, & it's very annoying).
    Word asks a similar thing when you want to close a document you've been working on, & haven't yet saved it.
    If I'm doing a long post, I always do it in Word first, then copy and paste into the reply box.
    2013 WSM 22.5 , 2008 C&B Performer 22.5 , 96 Genesis 1000 Redhead , 1995 Smokey Joe , 2 HeaterMeters, Vortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast